Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Thank Wendy's for Pro-Adoption Policies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank Wendy's for Pro-Adoption Policies...

Did ya know?

Your participation helps to create families through foster care adoption

I wonder if the pro-abortion / anti-Chick-fil-A crowd will be unhappy with Wendy's pro-adoption status.

Wendy's offers adoption benefits to its employees, including paid time off, bonding leave, and financial assistance for each adopted child. And we're not alone! Hundreds of companies are "adopting" adoption benefits because all parents deserve support and time to bond with their children. Adoption-friendly policies create loyal and happy employees.

And....

In celebration of National Foster Care Month, we wanted to shine a light on some of the incredible accomplishments the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption (DTFA) has recently achieved, while also remembering why we support foster care adoption and the Wendy’s Wonderful Kids (WWK) program.

With his childhood as inspiration, Wendy’s® founder Dave Thomas made adoption the signature cause of The Wendy’s Company. And in 1992, he gave the cause a national platform by founding the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption, a 501(c)(3) public charity. The Foundation is an independent organization that maintains a very strong partnership with the Wendy’s system of restaurants and franchisees, and its singular mission is to find forever families for children in foster care.

In 2018, the DTFA added Colorado and Utah to their list of scaling states. When we say “scaling states”, it indicates the Foundation’s capacity to achieve full scale Wendy’s Wonderful Kids programming in multiple states, while continuing to lay the foundation for nationwide growth. This unique child-focused recruitment model allows recruiters work with smaller caseloads of children, ensuring they have the time and resources to give each child as much attention as he or she deserves. With these new additions, the Foundation now has eight scaling states, as well as Ontario, and continues to build momentum towards its 12-year business goal to scale the WWK program in all 50 states.

But with all this forward progress, there are still nearly 155,000 children in the U.S. and Canada waiting to be adopted from foster care. We can't forget to look back on why helping these children are so important to the Wendy’s family. Together, we believe that Unadoptable is Unacceptable.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

What's really sad is somebody I know (who has a learning disability, to be fair) posted this on Facebook and announced he would no longer go to Wendy's because he was pro-life and read it as they were supporting abortion.

No, they're definitely a company I feel comfortable supporting, and their food is better than McDonalds.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      What's really sad is somebody I know (who has a learning disability, to be fair) posted this on Facebook and announced he would no longer go to Wendy's because he was pro-life and read it as they were supporting abortion.

No, they're definitely a company I feel comfortable supporting, and their food is better than McDonalds.
      Yeah, I had to double check each time I read/typed abortion of adoption. A WORLD of difference!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment