Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

China using forced organ harvesting on prisoners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China using forced organ harvesting on prisoners

China Killing Prisoners To Harvest Organs For Transplant, Tribunal Finds

Zak Doffman

On June 17, an independent tribunal which has been investigating "forced organ harvesting" from Chinese prisoners, including Falun Gong practitioners and Uighur Muslims, published its final judgment.

The China Tribunal concluded that "forced organ harvesting has been committed for years throughout China on a significant scale, [and] the tribunal has had no evidence that the significant infrastructure associated with China’s transplantation industry has been dismantled and absent a satisfactory explanation as to the source of readily available organs concludes that forced organ harvesting continues till today."

Central to the tribunal's findings were estimates of the actual number of transplants taking place—far higher than official statistics, implausibly short waiting times and first-hand testimony from former detainees. Some of the organ extractions were said to have been conducted on live victims who were killed during their procedures.

more at:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoff...F#22c81df653d4

You cultural bigot!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      China Killing Prisoners To Harvest Organs For Transplant, Tribunal Finds

Zak Doffman

On June 17, an independent tribunal which has been investigating "forced organ harvesting" from Chinese prisoners, including Falun Gong practitioners and Uighur Muslims, published its final judgment.

The China Tribunal concluded that "forced organ harvesting has been committed for years throughout China on a significant scale, [and] the tribunal has had no evidence that the significant infrastructure associated with China’s transplantation industry has been dismantled and absent a satisfactory explanation as to the source of readily available organs concludes that forced organ harvesting continues till today."

Central to the tribunal's findings were estimates of the actual number of transplants taking place—far higher than official statistics, implausibly short waiting times and first-hand testimony from former detainees. Some of the organ extractions were said to have been conducted on live victims who were killed during their procedures.

more at:
      https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoff...F#22c81df653d4
      Wow - that is really, really sad.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

There is a novel by Larry Niven, "The Patchwork Girl" - a sci-fi novel set in a future where they give people the death penalty for even minor crimes and all death sentences are basically putting the criminals into the Organ Banks because there is such a high demand for transplants.

Apparently Niven was right about this, just wrong about the country.

Comment

There is a novel by Larry Niven, "The Patchwork Girl" - a sci-fi novel set in a future where they give people the death penalty for even minor crimes and all death sentences are basically putting the criminals into the Organ Banks because there is such a high demand for transplants.

Apparently Niven was right about this, just wrong about the country.
          When the choice is survive or die, people will do almost anything.

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Looked at purely objectively, this is really no different than abortion, so liberals should be fine with this, right?
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

No one should be fine with this.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

How long has this been going on? I feel like I read about this a year or three ago.
                I am become death...

Comment

That's a common theme in several of his books, especially "The long arm of Gil Hamilton", to which "The Patchwork Girl" is a sequel. TPG explores the idea further, describing a case where some-one who Gil later proves innocent was used as a source of transplants even before being convicted.
                  Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                  MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment