Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Cross can stay, Supreme Court rules...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Are we in an alternate universe?

Court Rules President Trump Can Defund Planned Parenthood, Will Cut Almost $60 Million in Taxpayer Funding

https://www.lifenews.com/2019/06/20/...payer-funding/
    And it's the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. About the last one that I figured would decide that way.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      And it's the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. About the last one that I figured would decide that way.
      Actually overturning two lower courts. Trump has been appointing a lot of federal judges, I wonder...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Actually overturning two lower courts. Trump has been appointing a lot of federal judges, I wonder...
        Well a stopped watch and all.

Comment

Short and useful analysis of the opinions courtesy of SCOTUSBlog:
          https://www.scotusblog.com/2019/06/o...ross-to-stand/

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
            Short and useful analysis of the opinions courtesy of SCOTUSBlog:
            https://www.scotusblog.com/2019/06/o...ross-to-stand/
            Good reasoning...

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Good...
              Agreed
              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                Agreed
                4FourHorsemen.gif

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Interesting

Source: Neil Gorsuch Scorns the “Offended” Atheists

The Supreme Court justice had no patience for a legal challenge to a huge Christian cross maintained with taxpayer dollars.Source

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

I dunno... being charitable is nice and all... but given the behavior of groups like the AHA and FFRF... I think I prefer "belittling them while they lose."
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                      I dunno... being charitable is nice and all... but given the behavior of groups like the AHA and FFRF... I think I prefer "belittling them while they lose."
                      be nice...

Comment

A collection of reactions from various atheist groups: https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/...-cross-ruling/

Let's just say that they aren't happy

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          A collection of reactions from various atheist groups: https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/...-cross-ruling/

Let's just say that they aren't happy
                          Would they like a little cheese with that whine????

Comment

Seems like the simplest solution would have been to donate the land back to the American Legion or some church organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Seems like the simplest solution would have been to donate the land back to the American Legion or some church organization.
                              Actually - that would have been a great idea...
                              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                Or sell it! I bought two whole city blocks in Cleveland Ohio for $1.00 each back in the late 80's - one of them contained a pretty good sized public school, which we turned into a neighborhood care center.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment