Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suicide

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Pretty much everyone dies with unconfessed sin.
    Well, I agree, thus the point being that suicide need not prohibit people from entering God's presence.

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post
    Praying for you, John, and for your family, and for your brother too.

If we die with unconfessed sin, is this held against us? I believe when we turn to the Lord, future sins are forgiven, as well as past and present ones. Forgiveness involves confessing our sins, note that 1 John 1:9 does not say "if we confess each sin". I can't remember each sin I have committed, especially sins hidden from me. So sins plural, and God is faithful and just to forgive us our sins (plural again, including future sins), and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

So I believe and hope your brother Jerry, in turning to Christ, confessed his sins in confessing that he was a sinner, and then we may know that God set out to cleanse him from all unrighteousness.

Blessing and grace and peace,
    Lee
    Thanks, Lee.

I am late responding because I have been without any online access for days due to malfunction of local telephone and DSL service.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Dad,
    Something about Cat Stevens always reminded me of Jerry. I see similarities in their mannerisms and their outlook on life. Jerry always gave everyone such big hugs and he was one of the most sincere people I have ever known. This song reminded me of Jerry. He lived a good life and he did so much to try and bring joy to the lives of others.
    Dianah
    Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 7:47:05 AM
    To:
    Subject: Yusuf Cat Stevens, How Can I Tell You, Festival de Viņa 2015 HD 1080p

https://nam04.safelinks.protection.o...amp;reserved=0

Moderated By: sparko

Removed personal identification information

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Sparko; 06-28-2019 at 05:38 AM.

4. Amen lee_merrill amen'd this post.