Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3474828384

Thread: Can Atheism Account For Rationality

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    No seer, what you are saying is that we can't claim that this universe wasn't created without begging the question. But, this universe is all that we do know of, so we are justified in calling it natural as opposed to your alternative of supernatural. You on the other hand have no evidence of a creator, therefore it is you who is begging the question. Give it up while your behind, seer.
    But there is no supernatural in my definitions Jim, and by my definitions of natural and non-natural you (we) do not know which this universe is. Tell me logically why you are justified in calling that universe natural. Apart from asserting an opinion? How would a natural universe differ from a non-natural universe? What would we look for?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    But there is no supernatural in my definitions Jim, and by my definitions of natural and non-natural you (we) do not know which this universe is. Tell me logically why you are justified in calling that universe natural. Apart from asserting an opinion? How would a natural universe differ from a non-natural universe? What would we look for?
    The point seer, is that your argument is that natural means uncreated, and you don't like the idea of the universe being uncreated, so you want to say that it is created and therefore that it is supernatural. In reality, that isn't what natural means, natural when refering to the universe, simply means the universe of our perception, of our experience. It has nothing to do with whether or not it was created. You can believe it was created if you want, but whether it was or not, it is still of the same "nature." Just admit it seer, this is simply a religious ideology you are trying to push. Call it created or supernatural if it makes you feel good. It doesn't matter.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    But there is no supernatural in my definitions Jim,
    Yet you posit that a disembodied intelligence created the universe. 'Natural' bodies do not have an immaterial component, this by definition is 'supernatural'.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.