Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Reparations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    you put the descendants in the same situation as the original member. So if you analogy was to slavery, then the descendants were also slaves. If you didn't mean that, then you used a poor analogy. Mine was better. The initial person was locked up in the tower by your ancestor, then freed by another of your ancestors and then the free descendants wanted to blame you for their ancestor's plight and expected recompense for something they did not suffer.

Wow so you weren't calling me a racist, just saying I think like one. Great save there Jim I can't help thinking like a racist. right. I never want to hear you accuse me of using ad homs against you again, you hear? This was very low of you Jim. very low.

No, in fact I believe they can and do that all the time. YOU are the one acting like they are unable to because they are inferior to poor white people who drag themselves out of poverty. I guess they are not good enough and need your white man's help?

Jim, just shut the hell up. Don't ever accuse me of being a racist or white nationalist again.

You have totally lost it. You complain that people are against you, calling you names and such, but you never see yourself doing the things you claim to despise. You are being a hypocrite. I know you are better than that. It was bad enough when you insinuated that we were not good Christians because we supported Trump, but now you are insinuating I am a freaking Nazi because of "my commitment to Trump" and "I can't help it"

No. Just no. I have had enough of this BS. Get the hell out of my thread.

Ok - I don't think it's me that lost it, but I will leave if that is what you want.

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Ok - I don't think it's me that lost it, but I will leave if that is what you want.

Jim
      Yeah, you've definitely lost it. Now kindly leave the thread as you've been asked to do.
      I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Jim
        Yeah I did lose it: my temper, but you have lost your mind. I lost my temper because someone I see as a friend, and whom have assured that I am his friend when he doubted it, has decided to backhandedly accuse me of being a white supremacist/racist because I dared to question his idiotic analogy.

I will allow you to have an answer to me, but then I do want you to leave this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Yeah I did lose it: my temper, but you have lost your mind. I lost my temper because someone I see as a friend, and whom have assured that I am his friend when he doubted it, has decided to backhandedly accuse me of being a white supremacist/racist because I dared to question his idiotic analogy.

I will allow you to have an answer to me, but then I do want you to leave this thread.
          You adressed me directly sparko - i hope you will allow a response.

It was not my intent to accuse you of being racist, nor is it my belief that you are racist.

I was trying to make the point that I believe the idea that the poverty etc that is found disproportionately in black communities is black people's fault stems from racist origins And I was hoping that the fact you are NOT racist would make you think twice about the validity of that idea.

Instead you percieved me as attacking you directly and not merely critisising an idea. Is there anything I can do to convince you my target with my comments was an idea, not you? I am not accusing you of being a racist, nor do I believe you are a racist.

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

You adressed me directly sparko - i hope you will allow a response.

It was not my intent to accuse you of being racist, nor is it my belief that you are racist.

I was trying to make the point that I believe the idea that the poverty etc that is found disproportionately in black communities is black people's fault stems from racist origins And I was hoping that the fact you are NOT racist would make you think twice about the validity of that idea.

Instead you percieved me as attacking you directly and not merely critisising an idea. Is there anything I can do to convince you my target with my comments was an idea, not you? I am not accusing you of being a racist, nor do I believe you are a racist.

Jim
            And I will add an apology for the effect of my words, even though it was not my intent, just as any decent fellow would apologize for accidentally spilling water on a person even though that was not their intent.

I am sorry that you thought I was calling you a racist. Please accept my apology for not being more careful to make sure it was clear that was not my intent.

Jim

Comment

And I will add an apology for the effect of my words, even though it was not my intent, just as any decent fellow would apologize for accidentally spilling water on a person even though that was not their intent.

I am sorry that you thought I was calling you a racist. Please accept my apology for not being more careful to make sure it was clear that was not my intent.

Jim
              Thank you. Apology accepted. I am sorry I got upset.

you can continue in this thread if you still want to.

Comment