Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Iranian official warns more US spy drones can be blown out of the sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iranian official warns more US spy drones can be blown out of the sky

An Iranian military official said Monday that Tehran is capable of shooting down more American spy drones as tensions between the two countries continue to simmer, according to a report out of the country.

Rear. Adm. Hossein Khanzadi, Iran's naval chief, said Iran can deliver another “crushing response … and the enemy knows it," according to the semi-official Tasnim news agency.

...Trump expressed his willingness to open talks with Iranian officials without any preconditions – saying that he doesn’t want a war with the Islamic Republic, but if it comes down to an armed conflict it will be “obliteration like you've never seen before.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ira...more-us-drones

Are these idiots trying to get bombed?

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Are these idiots trying to get bombed?
    We have many enemies, both foreign and domestic, who seem intent on dragging President Trump into a war.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      We have many enemies, both foreign and domestic, who seem intent on dragging President Trump into a war.
      I seem to remember Muammar Gaddafi and Saddam Hussein both bragging similarly before being carpet bombed into extinction. You would think Iran would have learned the lesson by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        I seem to remember Muammar Gaddafi and Saddam Hussein both bragging similarly before being carpet bombed into extinction. You would think Iran would have learned the lesson by now.
        Gaddafi wasn't carpet bombed into extinction; he shaped up, more or less, after Reagan's tactical strike (even moreso after GW II). He was more or less behaving when Team Obama/Clinton decided to take him out in an attempt to further the "Arab Spring"; Libya's been more or less in a state of chaos since.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Team Obama/Clinton decided to take him out in an attempt to further the "Arab Spring"; Libya's been more or less in a state of chaos since.
          Working as intended.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Working as intended.
            I'm fairly certain that was an unintended consequence, though I suppose it's not out of the question that a rival donor to the Clinton Foundation desired that result.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Gaddafi wasn't carpet bombed into extinction; he shaped up, more or less, after Reagan's tactical strike (even moreso after GW II). He was more or less behaving when Team Obama/Clinton decided to take him out in an attempt to further the "Arab Spring"; Libya's been more or less in a state of chaos since.
              And the lessoned learned by dictators everywhere? Even if you do straighten up and start doing what we want we'll still take you out so you might as well continue doing what you want.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment