Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A novel approach to combatting Nazism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A novel approach to combatting Nazism

Take their beer away.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

As far as I know Nazism is illegal in Germany to begin with. Any Nazi symbols, salutes or even saying something like "Seig Heil" can get you arrested. So how would an neo-Nazi festival even get started?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      As far as I know Nazism is illegal in Germany to begin with. Any Nazi symbols, salutes or even saying something like "Seig Heil" can get you arrested. So how would an neo-Nazi festival even get started?
      By booking the convention rooms under a pretence, and hiding their literature/slogans/tattoos/music when anyone else is looking. There are some details in the article.
      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
      MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        They get away with it by promoting it as a pro nationalism event, rather than an out and out Nazi event. They can't wear shirts with swastikas, or "Heil Hitler", but oddly, they're legally allowed to wear shirts that say things like "Adolf was the best!" They can wear the black sun symbol, Or Nationalist/fatherland type sentiments. 1200 people is hardly enough to be considered a fest though, and if the event shrunk to just 600 people, surprised it's worth bothering with. Hopefully this is the last "festival" of this type there.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
          By booking the convention rooms under a pretence, and hiding their literature/slogans/tattoos/music when anyone else is looking. There are some details in the article.
          I liked the bit about the townspeople buying up all the beer so the Nazi's couldn't have it. Riiight, good excuse!

"But Honey, I HAVE to buy 20 cases of beer to do my civic duty and keep the Nazi's sober!"

Comment

In Heaven there is no beer, that's why we drink it here...
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              In Heaven there is no beer, that's why we drink it here...
              So the Nazi's can't!

Comment