Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Google Fascists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
    Not being up to speed on things, what have they lied about for Political points?
    Pretty much all of their past investigations have been obtained by blatant misrepresentation/lying. These have generally been excused by conservatives by arguing that the ends justify the means. (This doesn't even go into the further issue of James O'Keefe selectively editing the videos he releases to present misleading footage in some cases.)
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      Pretty much all of their past investigations have been obtained by blatant misrepresentation/lying. These have generally been excused by conservatives by arguing that the ends justify the means. (This doesn't even go into the further issue of James O'Keefe selectively editing the videos he releases to present misleading footage in some cases.)
      Hasn't there just been a ruling in court that James O'Keefe didn't selectively edit his videos to be misleading?

Also an undercover investigation by it's very nature requires some deception so I don't have a problem with that, especially if it uncovers something that is illegal.
      Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
      1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
        Hasn't there just been a ruling in court that James O'Keefe didn't selectively edit his videos to be misleading?
        I honestly haven't kept up with that aspect, which is why I set it to the side. I mainly remember reading an op-ed from a Christian writer awhile back who had a major problem with it and took his word for it.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          The Google Fascists

Well. Shocking… but not shocking at all.

Project Veritas and founder James O’Keefe have scored a scoop from an identified Google whistleblower, replete with video and inside documents. Here’s the Project Veritas headline and story:

Insider Blows Whistle & Exec Reveals Google Plan to Prevent “Trump situation” in 2020 on Hidden Cam

The story begins this way:

(New York City) — Project Veritas has released a new report on Google which includes undercover video of a Senior Google Executive, leaked documents, and testimony from a Google insider. The report appears to show Google’s plans to affect the outcome of the 2020 elections and “prevent” the next “Trump situation.”

The report includes undercover footage of longtime Google employee and Head of Responsible Innovation, Jen Gennai, saying:

“Elizabeth Warren is saying we should break up Google. And like, I love her but she’s very misguided, like that will not make it better it will make it worse, because all these smaller companies who don’t have the same resources that we do will be charged with preventing the next Trump situation, it’s like a small company cannot do that.”

Said Project Veritas founder James O’Keefe:

“This is the third tech insider who has bravely stepped forward to expose the secrets of Silicon Valley. These new documents, supported by undercover video, raise questions of Google’s neutrality and the role they see themselves fulfilling in the 2020 elections.”

Jen Gennai is the head of “Responsible Innovation” for Google, a sector that monitors and evaluates the responsible implementation of Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies. In the video, Gennai says Google has been working diligently to “prevent” the results of the 2016 election from repeating in 2020:

“We all got screwed over in 2016, again it wasn’t just us, it was, the people got screwed over, the news media got screwed over, like, everybody got screwed over so we’re rapidly been like, what happened there and how do we prevent it from happening again.

“We’re also training our algorithms, like, if 2016 happened again, would we have, would the outcome be different?”

So with all those investigations into interference by Russians in the 2016 election — will there be a congressional investigation into Google? In fact, Google executive Gennai already has an answer on what happens when Congress requests Google execs to show up for a hearing:.....

Do you have a definition of what they mean by 'another trump situation'? Could they have heen talking about the Russian attempts to shift public opinion using social media? Could they have been talking about the misleading poll infornation that could not capture the trends that where going to result in Trumps win?

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            Do you have a definition of what they mean by 'another trump situation'? Could they have heen talking about the Russian attempts to shift public opinion using social media? Could they have been talking about the misleading poll infornation that could not capture the trends that where going to result in Trumps win?

Jim
            Given what I've seen elsewhere it means silencing those who are centrists or right of center politically (so voices who aren't on the Left)

This includes using algorithms to decrease the visibility of conservatives on Facebook (i.e. make sure they don't show up as often in news feeds). Things like Jack Dorsey of Twitter saying he thinks it was wrong the Brexiteers were able to get their message out on Twitter. It includes demonetising/removing youtube videos that are critical of the left (or even videos from folk on the left who interviewed people on the right who Google don't like).

And yes, it includes things like Give-A-Little shutting down Israel Falou's fundraiser for his upcoming legal fight with Rugby Australia, he got fired for posting a paraphrase of Paul saying that "drunks, homosexuals, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves, atheists, idolaters" (i.e. everyone) would go to hell without Jesus. (the Left focused on the second item in his list and labelled it hate speech)
            Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
            1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
            -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Pretty much all of their past investigations have been obtained by blatant misrepresentation/lying.
              The very nature of undercover videos.

(This doesn't even go into the further issue of James O'Keefe selectively editing the videos he releases to present misleading footage in some cases.)
              I'm aware of the accusations and also aware that all of those I heard about fell through especially since they often would post the full videos on the internet and not just the parts that various news services aired. IIRC, the worst thing they've done was air videos of "criminal activity" that turned out wasn't illegal. Of course I could be wrong.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                What exactly is illegal about any of this? Russian trying to interfere with elections is illegal because they're a foreign entity, but American corporations like Google have considerable latitude to hurt or help candidates however they want to.
                Falsely manipulating search results to rig an election? right.

I am pretty sure interfering with an election is a no-no.

Comment

A court has determined they didn't selectively edit the videos of planned parenthood. The ones lying were planned parenthood in claiming that.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...ptively-edited

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    A court has determined they didn't selectively edit the videos of planned parenthood. The ones lying were planned parenthood in claiming that.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...ptively-edited
                    I can't fault KG here. The MSM spent a lot of time uncritically parotting PP's unsupported claims and virtually ignored how it was later shown that PP were the ones being dishonest and deceptive. So most people only heard about the baseless accusation presented as stone cold fact and are unaware that it was a deliberate falsehood. Which, I hate to say, is exactly what the MSM wants.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      I can't fault KG here. The MSM spent a lot of time uncritically parotting PP's unsupported claims and virtually ignored how it was later shown that PP were the ones being dishonest and deceptive. So most people only heard about the baseless accusation presented as stone cold fact and are unaware that it was a deliberate falsehood. Which, I hate to say, is exactly what the MSM wants.
                      We can only fault people who haven't learned to be very cautious about what the MSM reports. It is like living under the USSR when you had to ask why they were promoting a certain lie at this time and you had to discern what the truth would be.

Comment

I agree with what Rep Crenshaw said during the house hearings on social media after he asked one of the panalists to define hate speech and whether speech just be violence. notice how hard it is for the folks to answer him when he asks these questions.

Comment