Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

UFO documentaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFO documentaries

To be clear, I don't make a habit of watching these things. Every once in a while I get curious, and the topic is somewhat fascinating to me (for the same reasons Lovecraftian horror is fascinating to me). But I gotta ask...

Why do all UFO documentaries suck? It's like they all go for style over substance (which is fine, and given the subject matter, no biggie), only their style is low-quality and just not very good?
    Last edited by Zymologist; 06-25-2019, 02:09 PM.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Put another way:

We're talking about frickin' aliens! Why is this boring?
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
      Put another way:

We're talking about frickin' aliens! Why is this boring?
      They seem to follow a formula. Same formula as the shows about big foot, giants and the loch ness monster. Narrator tells a story, usually about some "unexplained" event, then asks leading questions, at which point they bring on "experts" who put forth their conspiracy theories as fact. Sometimes the show follows "hunters" who go around poking holes in the ground, taking fuzzy photographs or bumping into trees in the dark.

have you seen the one about "The Truth About the Moonlanding?" It is a supposed conspiracy nut, an astronaut and a "former FBI agent" that are "exploring the story about Apollo 11 being faked" but it is basically one of those "debinking" shows that disproves all of the conspiracy stories. In that way it is better than the usual run of the mill conspiracy show that actually tries to promote the myths.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        They seem to follow a formula. Same formula as the shows about big foot, giants and the loch ness monster. Narrator tells a story, usually about some "unexplained" event, then asks leading questions, at which point they bring on "experts" who put forth their conspiracy theories as fact. Sometimes the show follows "hunters" who go around poking holes in the ground, taking fuzzy photographs or bumping into trees in the dark.
        Except, the footage of the experts has been cut and edited to make it look like they support the conspiracy theory. The History Channel is notorious for doing that.

http://www.alienstranger.com/history...inthebible.htm
        Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

I do like that Tucker Carlson often does UFO segments.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I will admit Ancient Aliens is quite comical. That and the UFO and Bible series.

Comment