Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Change in forum ownership news/comment thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess who they put in charge of the treasure?

Today tweb, tomorrow the interwebs, and the world!

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      Finally the Queen of Canadia has her day!
      HURRAH! Yeah!
      "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
      -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      I support the :
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Guess who they put in charge of the treasure?
        Some treasure, isn't it?
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
          HURRAH! Yeah!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
            And who would that be?

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              The new owners are mossrose, One Bad Pig, Raphael, and Sparko. This was rather sudden, but staff was made aware as soon as Dee Dee made the difficult decision to focus on other areas of her life, and has had a chance to talk things through. Please bear with us (and pray for us if you're so inclined) as we sort out who does what. We are committed to continuing the founders' philosophy of open discussion.

God's speed to all involved!
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Sorry to see Dee Dee go, but it sounds like a good decision. (Life goes beyond the internet, after all...right?)

I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere about the new owners, but I can't think of it.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  Sorry to see Dee Dee go, but it sounds like a good decision. (Life goes beyond the internet, after all...right?)

I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere about the new owners, but I can't think of it.
                  Probably that it's now 100% true that the inmates are running the asylum.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                    Probably that it's now 100% true that the inmates are running the asylum.

I think you may be onto something.

Comment

Hi everyone, I am already doing bad! Breaking my determination to stay offline, but it would rude for me to not acknowledge the well wishes already said and preemptively those to be said.

This change is very good news for me. As most people know, my first marriage was not a good one at the end and it was during this period TWeb was started. It gave me joy and purpose in so etching I believed in in a time when I was very unhappy at home. (My ex and I have settled our differences and forgiven each other) but I am remarried now - if I can be so cheesy to my soul mate. That amongst other convictions led me to decide that one phase is over and I need to give my best to my husband and not have him have to share my attention .... There were other reasons as well- health, spiritual, time... That all came together. Yes this seems sudden but actually I had first went to God about in months ago. And once I firmly make up my mind about something I move fast.

I have given up my other sites too, my heart just isn't in it anymore and out of so many years of giving, I am just given out. So I am taking a leave of all online stuff for the foreseeable future except some very lighthearted FB stuff- please send me a friend request.

I know I leave TWeb in good hands. And it is best-- I just didn't have the time or passion anymore to give the community what it deserved.

This is a wonderful thing here- people of all viewpoints discussing issues openly with I hope, respect and tolerance and genuine good will.

If anyone has any remembrance of me that is unkind, please forgive me. I wish only the best for everyone. I hope to be back with limited participation in the future, but I do not know what God has for me. I only know He is asking me to radically change my life and be available to help people on a personal level in my local community. This is a hurting world and sometimes online makes us forget about and neglect real needs.
                      The State. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Xena View Post
                        Hi everyone, I am already doing bad! Breaking my determination to stay offline, but it would rude for me to not acknowledge the well wishes already said and preemptively those to be said.

This change is very good news for me. As most people know, my first marriage was not a good one at the end and it was during this period TWeb was started. It gave me joy and purpose in so etching I believed in in a time when I was very unhappy at home. (My ex and I have settled our differences and forgiven each other) but I am remarried now - if I can be so cheesy to my soul mate. That amongst other convictions led me to decide that one phase is over and I need to give my best to my husband and not have him have to share my attention .... There were other reasons as well- health, spiritual, time... That all came together. Yes this seems sudden but actually I had first went to God about in months ago. And once I firmly make up my mind about something I move fast.

I have given up my other sites too, my heart just isn't in it anymore and out of so many years of giving, I am just given out. So I am taking a leave of all online stuff for the foreseeable future except some very lighthearted FB stuff- please send me a friend request.

I know I leave TWeb in good hands. And it is best-- I just didn't have the time or passion anymore to give the community what it deserved.

This is a wonderful thing here- people of all viewpoints discussing issues openly with I hope, respect and tolerance and genuine good will.

If anyone has any remembrance of me that is unkind, please forgive me. I wish only the best for everyone. I hope to be back with limited participation in the future, but I do not know what God has for me. I only know He is asking me to radically change my life and be available to help people on a personal level in my local community. This is a hurting world and sometimes online makes us forget about and neglect real needs.

In case you see this, I sent you a facebook friend request. I'm Adam Emery.

Comment

In case you see this, I sent you a facebook friend request. I'm Adam Emery.
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                            You know, the murderer that's been missing for twenty years and who's still wanted by the FBI.

Betcha didn't find anything this interesting when you googled your name, huh?

Comment

You know, the murderer that's been missing for twenty years and who's still wanted by the FBI.

Betcha didn't find anything this interesting when you googled your name, huh?
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                                Yes, we know that not all owls are very wise.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X