Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 255

Thread: Change in forum ownership news/comment thread

  1. #21
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,262
    Amen (Given)
    805
    Amen (Received)
    3515
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    The new owners are mossrose, One Bad Pig, Raphael, and Sparko. This was rather sudden, but staff was made aware as soon as Dee Dee made the difficult decision to focus on other areas of her life, and has had a chance to talk things through. Please bear with us (and pray for us if you're so inclined) as we sort out who does what. We are committed to continuing the founders' philosophy of open discussion.

    God's speed to all involved!
    "We can understand hell in its aspect of privation. All your life an unattainable ecstasy has hovered just beyond the grasp of your consciousness. The day is coming when you will wake to find, beyond all hope, that you have attained it, or else, that it was within your reach and you have lost it forever. C.S. Lewis

  2. #22
    Professor Zymologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    someplace in Montana
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,722
    Amen (Given)
    1083
    Amen (Received)
    2962
    Sorry to see Dee Dee go, but it sounds like a good decision. (Life goes beyond the internet, after all...right?)

    I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere about the new owners, but I can't think of it.
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

    "Metal is an apple--everything's good but the core."

  3. #23
    Professor Cerebrum123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,908
    Amen (Given)
    15125
    Amen (Received)
    2789
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    Sorry to see Dee Dee go, but it sounds like a good decision. (Life goes beyond the internet, after all...right?)

    I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere about the new owners, but I can't think of it.
    Probably that it's now 100% true that the inmates are running the asylum.


    Safka, you are NOT "unknown", you were loved by many, and you will not be forgotten. I will always remember you Puginator.


  4. #24
    Professor Zymologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    someplace in Montana
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,722
    Amen (Given)
    1083
    Amen (Received)
    2962
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    Probably that it's now 100% true that the inmates are running the asylum.


    I think you may be onto something.
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

    "Metal is an apple--everything's good but the core."

  5. #25
    tWebber Darth Xena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,180
    Amen (Given)
    10
    Amen (Received)
    116
    Hi everyone, I am already doing bad! Breaking my determination to stay offline, but it would rude for me to not acknowledge the well wishes already said and preemptively those to be said.

    This change is very good news for me. As most people know, my first marriage was not a good one at the end and it was during this period TWeb was started. It gave me joy and purpose in so etching I believed in in a time when I was very unhappy at home. (My ex and I have settled our differences and forgiven each other) but I am remarried now - if I can be so cheesy to my soul mate. That amongst other convictions led me to decide that one phase is over and I need to give my best to my husband and not have him have to share my attention .... There were other reasons as well- health, spiritual, time... That all came together. Yes this seems sudden but actually I had first went to God about in months ago. And once I firmly make up my mind about something I move fast.

    I have given up my other sites too, my heart just isn't in it anymore and out of so many years of giving, I am just given out. So I am taking a leave of all online stuff for the foreseeable future except some very lighthearted FB stuff- please send me a friend request.

    I know I leave TWeb in good hands. And it is best-- I just didn't have the time or passion anymore to give the community what it deserved.

    This is a wonderful thing here- people of all viewpoints discussing issues openly with I hope, respect and tolerance and genuine good will.

    If anyone has any remembrance of me that is unkind, please forgive me. I wish only the best for everyone. I hope to be back with limited participation in the future, but I do not know what God has for me. I only know He is asking me to radically change my life and be available to help people on a personal level in my local community. This is a hurting world and sometimes online makes us forget about and neglect real needs.

  6. #26
    Professor Zymologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    someplace in Montana
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,722
    Amen (Given)
    1083
    Amen (Received)
    2962
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Xena View Post
    Hi everyone, I am already doing bad! Breaking my determination to stay offline, but it would rude for me to not acknowledge the well wishes already said and preemptively those to be said.

    This change is very good news for me. As most people know, my first marriage was not a good one at the end and it was during this period TWeb was started. It gave me joy and purpose in so etching I believed in in a time when I was very unhappy at home. (My ex and I have settled our differences and forgiven each other) but I am remarried now - if I can be so cheesy to my soul mate. That amongst other convictions led me to decide that one phase is over and I need to give my best to my husband and not have him have to share my attention .... There were other reasons as well- health, spiritual, time... That all came together. Yes this seems sudden but actually I had first went to God about in months ago. And once I firmly make up my mind about something I move fast.

    I have given up my other sites too, my heart just isn't in it anymore and out of so many years of giving, I am just given out. So I am taking a leave of all online stuff for the foreseeable future except some very lighthearted FB stuff- please send me a friend request.

    I know I leave TWeb in good hands. And it is best-- I just didn't have the time or passion anymore to give the community what it deserved.

    This is a wonderful thing here- people of all viewpoints discussing issues openly with I hope, respect and tolerance and genuine good will.

    If anyone has any remembrance of me that is unkind, please forgive me. I wish only the best for everyone. I hope to be back with limited participation in the future, but I do not know what God has for me. I only know He is asking me to radically change my life and be available to help people on a personal level in my local community. This is a hurting world and sometimes online makes us forget about and neglect real needs.


    In case you see this, I sent you a facebook friend request. I'm Adam Emery.
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

    "Metal is an apple--everything's good but the core."

  7. #27
    Thanks Old Man... Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,285
    Amen (Given)
    6752
    Amen (Received)
    7027
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post


    In case you see this, I sent you a facebook friend request. I'm Adam Emery.


    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

  8. #28
    Professor Zymologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    someplace in Montana
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,722
    Amen (Given)
    1083
    Amen (Received)
    2962
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    You know, the murderer that's been missing for twenty years and who's still wanted by the FBI.

    Betcha didn't find anything this interesting when you googled your name, huh?
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

    "Metal is an apple--everything's good but the core."

  9. #29
    Thanks Old Man... Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,285
    Amen (Given)
    6752
    Amen (Received)
    7027
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    You know, the murderer that's been missing for twenty years and who's still wanted by the FBI.

    Betcha didn't find anything this interesting when you googled your name, huh?


    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

  10. #30
    Professor Cerebrum123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,908
    Amen (Given)
    15125
    Amen (Received)
    2789
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Yes, we know that not all owls are very wise.
    Safka, you are NOT "unknown", you were loved by many, and you will not be forgotten. I will always remember you Puginator.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •