Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: God's Desires

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Can you show me one person who repented after death and was let into heaven in the bible?
    The people of Sodom!

"Nevertheless, I will restore their captivity, the captivity of Sodom and her daughters, the captivity of Samaria and her daughters, and along with them your own captivity, in order that you may bear your humiliation and feel ashamed for all that you have done when you become a consolation to them. Your sisters, Sodom with her daughters and Samaria with her daughters, will return to their former state, and you with your daughters will also return to your former state." (Eze. 16:5355)

There were no survivors at Sodom (Isa. 1:9), and these are those who are "exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire." (Jude 7)

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post
    The people of Sodom!

"Nevertheless, I will restore their captivity, the captivity of Sodom and her daughters, the captivity of Samaria and her daughters, and along with them your own captivity, in order that you may bear your humiliation and feel ashamed for all that you have done when you become a consolation to them. Your sisters, Sodom with her daughters and Samaria with her daughters, will return to their former state, and you with your daughters will also return to your former state." (Eze. 16:5355)

There were no survivors at Sodom (Isa. 1:9), and these are those who are "exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire." (Jude 7)

Blessings,
    Lee
    Restoring captivity is repentance after death? I don't think so Lee. And it is talking about nations and cities, not people in hell.

You keep stretching for esoteric, out of context verses to support your view while demanding literal verses from us (which we have provided) and then ignoring them.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Restoring captivity is repentance after death? I don't think so Lee. And it is talking about nations and cities, not people in hell.
    And nations and cities are made out of people, in this case, people who "serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire." (Jude 7)

You keep stretching for esoteric, out of context verses to support your view while demanding literal verses from us (which we have provided) and then ignoring them.
    How have I been out of context, though? And the verses offered do not show that people freely choose--and you need to respond to my point that the analogies of salvation are passive on our part.

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And nations and cities are made out of people, in this case, people who "serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire." (Jude 7)

How have I been out of context, though? And the verses offered do not show that people freely choose--and you need to respond to my point that the analogies of salvation are passive on our part.

Blessings,
    Lee
    You are quoting verses that have nothing to do with hell or heaven or individuals.

Again, where has the bible shown any person who is in hell getting out?

In the parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man, the Rich Man was clearly repentant, and begged Abraham to warn his family. Yet he wasn't let out. I can't find any verse that says you can be let out of hell or that there will be a second judgment to let you free.

In fact, Hebrews 9 says 27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If Calvinism leads to universalistic musings, I would highly recommend Arminianism in its stead.
    For Neo-Remonstration (Arminian/Remonstrant ruminations): <https://theremonstrant.blogspot.com>

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You are quoting verses that have nothing to do with hell or heaven or individuals.
    Sodom was a city made up of individuals, which will be restored!

In the parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man, the Rich Man was clearly repentant, and begged Abraham to warn his family. Yet he wasn't let out. I can't find any verse that says you can be let out of hell or that there will be a second judgment to let you free.
    He doesn't seem repentant, actually, he doesn't express sorrow to Lazarus for his mistreatment, for instance.

In fact, Hebrews 9 says 27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment
    Yes, people are cast into hell, into the lake of fire.

Blessings,
    Lee

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Remonstrant View Post
    If Calvinism leads to universalistic musings, I would highly recommend Arminianism in its stead.
    Thanks for the recommendation, but I am convinced of my Calvinism. As I am convinced that "God's desires are not frustrated" (getting back to the topic of the thread).

Blessings,
    Lee

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    uh no.

Yes, people are cast into hell, into the lake of fire.

Blessings,
    Lee
    And none of them came back out. That's kind of what "for ever and ever" means.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill
    uh no.
    Well, what part of this do you disagree with?

And none of them came back out. That's kind of what "for ever and ever" means.
    And Sodom is an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire. (Jude 7)

Blessings,
    Lee