Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Wayfair Walkout...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayfair Walkout...

So the government is spending money to try and make it better for these kids and these idiots walkout - fire them all!

Employees at online furniture giant Wayfair are organizing a walk-out to protest the retailer's sale of $200,000 worth of beds and other furniture to a Texas detention center for migrant children.

The walk-out, planned for Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. near the company's Boston headquarters, comes after Wayfair executives said they would fulfill an order for beds and other items for a detention center in Carrizo Springs, Texas, according to two Wayfair employees who spoke on the condition of anonymity. The order was placed by BCFS, a government contractor that manages the facility.

"We're walking out in protest of our leadership's decision to sell to reprehensible concentration camps," an employee said. "We had hoped that raising awareness would be enough for them to do the right thing, but it wasn't. We want to make it clear that this is not a political issue - it's a humanitarian issue, and we will not back down."

https://www.registercitizen.com/busi...s-14047934.php
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

What a bunch of idiots...
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      What a bunch of idiots...
      Leftists never cease to deliver...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Rather let the kids sleep on the floor so that there can be photo-ops to make Trump look bad than let them sleep in beds.

Leftist compassion on parade.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

We're walking out in protest of our leadership's decision to sell to reprehensible concentration camps," an employee said.
            Calling detention centers "concentration camps" oughta be a 21st cent. shibboleth used to determine a lack of mental competency.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It's a decent rhetorical device, sort of like how insurance panels got termed "death panels" by Sarah Palin and this totally shifted the political conversation on healthcare.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                It's a decent rhetorical device, sort of like how insurance panels got termed "death panels" by Sarah Palin and this totally shifted the political conversation on healthcare.
                ...except that was accurate, though uncharitable. Those who don't get treated because of panel say-so... are exceedingly likely to die faster.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Well it shows that at least these liberals are not concerned about the conditions of the camps, they just don't want the camps to exist in any condition. What are we supposed to do with illegal aliens then, just let them come into our country with no checks at all? That's ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    ...except that was accurate, though uncharitable. Those who don't get treated because of panel say-so... are exceedingly likely to die faster.
                    Linguistically, how is "concentration camp" inaccurate here?
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

If nothing else it cheapens the experience of what those who were interned in actual concentrations camps were forced to endure. Of course this should not come as a surprise as in the left in general has become the home for virulent anti-Semitic rhetoric and staunchly protects those in their midsts openly engaging in it

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Well it shows that at least these liberals are not concerned about the conditions of the camps, they just don't want the camps to exist in any condition. What are we supposed to do with illegal aliens then, just let them come into our country with no checks at all? That's ignorant.
                        Exactly. These people who don't want the children to have beds to sleep on ... no better proposal has been given regarding this intrusion. Should the US just invade their original countries and bring prosperity to those countries so there is no need for them to leave?

Comment

Linguistically, how is "concentration camp" inaccurate here?
                          It's, um, describing something pretty much completely different?
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            It's, um, describing something pretty much completely different?
                            But they are concentrated in one area with inadequate living conditions. Concentration camps do not inherently require the planning of extermination (as the term is used to refer to Japanese internment camps) It's incharitable, as you say, because of the German associations implied, but the knife cuts both ways.

Comment

But they are concentrated in one area with inadequate living conditions. Concentration camps do not inherently require the planning of extermination (as the term is used to refer to Japanese internment camps) It's incharitable, as you say, because of the German associations implied, but the knife cuts both ways.
                              When AOC used the term "concentration camp" and when liberals use the term, they are trying to associate the internment camps with Nazi concentration camps. That is their entire purpose for using the term. It isn't just some innocent linguistic term like you are trying to make it out to be.

Comment