Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another Credible Rape Claim Against Trump....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but not all women want to be asked, every step of the way, if it’s okay. My now husband didn’t ask permission for our first kiss, is he a rapist too? This is insanity and I would suspect you would know this too if you were not so emotionally charged because of Trump. Not all women want to be asked, every single step, it’s called ‘reading the moment’.

It’s because I’m not emotionally charged because of hatred for a person. Do you seriously ask, every step of the way, for permission? I work with over 50 men, I’ve heard far worse and haven’t had any of them turn out to be rapist. It’s almost as if men brag about their sexual conquest and might exaggerate the details. Who would have thought? Again, doesn’t make a man a rapist, so ask again, where is the evidence a crime took place?
    Where is the evidence she's lying?

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I will always tend to believe women who come forward to testify to a rape, especially when it results in them having to face backlash and usually at consequences. At least then there's got to be motivation in it. The book deal on this one though is a bit odd for me. A lot of liberals want to find an easy excuse for why President Trump can't be president. Just like a lot of conservatives (even on this forum) had hopes for Obama's birth certificates turning out something that would exclude him from the presidency.

But I believe that's just a human desire for quick fixes. The Democratic party instead has to figure and sort itself out, which is a long messy and difficult process. And since that's a lot of hard work, you tend to look around for something easier.
      Last edited by Leonhard; 06-27-2019, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        Not how it works, kiddo. The burden of proof rests on her.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Jim
          What evidence is there that you’re not a serial killer, with a body count of at least 20? Please prove you’re innocent or else you’re guilty.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Not how it works, kiddo. The burden of proof rests on her.
            I find it truly amazing how many Democrats and never Trumpsters complain about Trump fighting against the rule of law while working tirelessly on destroying the rule of law themselves.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
              What evidence is there that you’re not a serial killer, with a body count of at least 20? Please prove you’re innocent or else you’re guilty.
              You're being silly. In a he/she said, one believes the most credible of two if one believes anything at all. In this case, she is by far the more credible, though I will agree chosing to reveal the story in a book means shes capitalizing on it - which hurts her credibility.

And thats really all that needs to be or can be said about it in the absence of hard evidence to support or deny her account of what happened.

Jim
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I love the way you guys mock the people Trump has abused over the years ...

Jim
                I'm sorry, do you actually believe this woman?

Did you watch the clip? Cooper couldn't go to break fast enough once she started talking. She is loony-tunes. -- or drunk.
                Last edited by Sparko; 06-27-2019, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Someday - maybe - you'll be able to face the reality of who you've hitched your wagon to. But for now I'll just keep trying to help you see him for who he is - or at least was. He's as bad or worse than JFK or Bill Clinton when it comes to having his way with women. Worse really in that he boasts of imposing himself upon them against their will.

Jim
                  There's not need to confirm my assessment, Jim. I haven't hitched my wagon to anyone. Can you face THAT? I am an INTJ. That means I have a penchant for defending even people I don't like against what I perceive to be false claims. It also means I couldn't care less what your reaction to that is, and arguing from emotion is exceedingly likely to cause me to dismiss you as not worth my time.

Ta.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Objectively speaking, "she's not my type" is a terrible defense to rape. But that sort of honesty actually inclines me to believe Trump in this instance, strangely enough. It's concerning that he would say that instead of that he would never rape somebody, leaving unsaid how he would behave toward somebody who is his type (though we know what he's said on that count elsewhere, of course).

I set the bar higher for accusations against high profile figures, especially ones who are not known to be publicly associated with the person making the claim, and especially in a political context where there is an obvious motive to bring people dwon. The Bill Cosby case illustrates this; though some of the accusations proved true, a number of false accusations were made as well once the case began gaining media attention. This doesn't mean dismissing claims out of hand, but rather that the maxim that all accusers to believe seems especially ill advised in high profile cases. (Personally, I think it's best to reserve that type of trust for when a family member or a close friend whose character you have no reason to doubt makes an accusation.)
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

You're being silly. In a he/she said, one believes the most credible of two if one believes anything at all. In this case, she is by far the more credible, though I will agree chosing to reveal the story in a book means shes capitalizing on it - which hurts her credibility.

And thats really all that needs to be or can be said about it in the absence of hard evidence to support or deny her account of what happened.

Jim
                      I’m not being silly at all. I’m showing how your logic leads to the breakdown of law and order. We have the system we have for a reason, it is based in the presumption of innocence and based in factual evidence that the accuser has the burden to prove a crime took place. The reason nobody tries to press charges is because the cases would likely crumble. Instead the goal is the court of public opinion, where fact based evidence takes a backseat to emotional pleas. I hate this system because it leads to false charges, destroyed lives, and the destruction of justice. Stop trying to destroy justice, just so you can ‘get Trump.’ If Trump is guilty of a crime, prove it. If he isn’t or the evidence can’t support that conclusion, drop it.
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Someday - maybe - you'll be able to face the reality of who you've hitched your wagon to. But for now I'll just keep trying to help you see him for who he is - or at least was. He's as bad or worse than JFK or Bill Clinton when it comes to having his way with women. Worse really in that he boasts of imposing himself upon them against their will.

Jim

The problem is that your obvious bias and prejudice against Trump works against your stated goal.

Instead of convincing people that Trump did something wrong, you merely muddy the waters with hyped-up and dubious accusations against him, and that makes him more of a sympathetic figure than he would be if you didn't do that. It's 'the boy who cried wolf' syndrome. People start tuning you out, not because they are sold out for Trump, but because you lack any shred of objectivity.
                        ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                          The problem is that your obvious bias and prejudice against Trump works against your stated goal.

Instead of convincing people that Trump did something wrong, you merely muddy the waters with hyped-up and dubious accusations against him, and that makes him more of a sympathetic figure than he would be if you didn't do that. It's 'the boy who cried wolf' syndrome. People start tuning you out, not because they are sold out for Trump, but because you lack any shred of objectivity.
                          You know, there is no way to point out what is going on with Trump, because reality is simply too much for you guys. You think it is over the top crazy. But it is what it is. And I'm not going to water it down just because you don't like it.

I didn't make up the access hollywood tape. I didn't make trump get his divorces, or play around with playboy models or whatever. And I'm sorry this is who you idolize and voted for, but he is who he is, and I'm not going to pretend otherwise.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                            Objectively speaking, "she's not my type" is a terrible defense to rape. But that sort of honesty actually inclines me to believe Trump in this instance, strangely enough. It's concerning that he would say that instead of that he would never rape somebody, leaving unsaid how he would behave toward somebody who is his type (though we know what he's said on that count elsewhere, of course).

I set the bar higher for accusations against high profile figures, especially ones who are not known to be publicly associated with the person making the claim, and especially in a political context where there is an obvious motive to bring people dwon. The Bill Cosby case illustrates this; though some of the accusations proved true, a number of false accusations were made as well once the case began gaining media attention. This doesn't mean dismissing claims out of hand, but rather that the maxim that all accusers to believe seems especially ill advised in high profile cases. (Personally, I think it's best to reserve that type of trust for when a family member or a close friend whose character you have no reason to doubt makes an accusation.)
                            That is his go to line for anyone that accuses him of sexual harassment - and a backhanded slap in the face of the woman he attacked. We are supposed to believe that he'd only harass someone that overwhelmed him with her physical beauty - so if he snips she's not his type, we are supposed to think he is so driven by his sexual urges as it relates to 'beautiful women' and so particular in his 'tastes' he could not ever bring himself to attack a women he didn't consider truly beautiful. So he gets to rebuff the attack and insult the woman accusing him in a most personal way all with just 4 words.

Kinda sick - isn't it

Jim

Comment

You know, there is no way to point out what is going on with Trump, because reality is simply too much for you guys. You think it is over the top crazy. But it is what it is. And I'm not going to water it down just because you don't like it.

I didn't make up the access hollywood tape. I didn't make trump get his divorces, or play around with playboy models or whatever. And I'm sorry this is who you idolize and voted for, but he is who he is, and I'm not going to pretend otherwise.

Jim
                              I know plenty of womanizing jerks. Being one doesn’t make them rapist. I’ve heard numerous men bragging about their sexual conquest, still doesn’t make them rapist. You do understand that being a rapist and a womanizing jerk, are two separate things, right? Now again, do you have evidence, not emotional filled rants, based on your raw hatred, that proves a crime took place? Yes or no?
                              Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 06-27-2019, 02:42 PM.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

That is his go to line for anyone that accuses him of sexual harassment - and a backhanded slap in the face of the woman he attacked. We are supposed to believe that he'd only harass someone that overwhelmed him with her physical beauty - so if he snips she's not his type, we are supposed to think he is so driven by his sexual urges as it relates to 'beautiful women' and so particular in his 'tastes' he could not ever bring himself to attack a women he didn't consider truly beautiful. So he gets to rebuff the attack and insult the woman accusing him in a most personal way all with just 4 words.

Kinda sick - isn't it

Jim

Nice emotion filled rant, a shame nobody here made those arguments.
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment