Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another Credible Rape Claim Against Trump....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yeah, I always get a kick out of LivePD where they ask...

Am I going to find drugs or weapons in your vehicle?
    "Well, um... you shouldn't!"

Then comes the "but it's my cousin's car...." or "my brother has been using the car the last couple weeks"....

I'm sure you've heard them all.
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Yeah, I always get a kick out of LivePD where they ask...

Am I going to find drugs or weapons in your vehicle?
      "Well, um... you shouldn't!"

Then comes the "but it's my cousin's car...." or "my brother has been using the car the last couple weeks"....

I'm sure you've heard them all.
      My absolute favorite is "these aren't my pants" or "that's not my jacket", and variations thereof. Dude, you're WEARING the pants and you're gonna go with "they're not mine"? LOLZ
      "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

The Methodists are not far behind the Episcopal Church in going the liberal route. And part (probably pretty small) of the SBC decline is that many SBC Churches are disassociating with the name SBC because of the history of racism, and/or simply because they're going more "non-denominational" - such as Cowboy Churches or Bible Churches.
        I guess my point was that it is a bit of a stretch to attribute decline in any church to one factor - unless someone has actually studied the factors at play...
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by myth View Post
          My absolute favorite is "these aren't my pants" or "that's not my jacket", and variations thereof. Dude, you're WEARING the pants and you're gonna go with "they're not mine"? LOLZ
          I always loved it when the guy tosses something in the bushes as you approach, and you call him on it, "No, I didn't toss anything, I don't know what you saw!" Then you produce the [whatever] - "I never saw that before in my life!!!"
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The jacket is at least somewhat feasible in that it is conceivable that someone grabbed a jacket to step outside in the cold. But pants...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
              Whataboutism is using "what about X" to distract from the point being made or excuse the actor in question. For example, "Trump did X." responded to with "What about Obama? He did it too!"

It's not "whataboutism" when the point being made is that the thing in question is done by both sides and not acceptable for either side.
              It was Whataboutism!!! I am telling Charles on you!

Comment

Good catch. I didn't actually read the transcript, I just listened to the podcast and then went to the transcript to quote portions I remembered them talking about. The "may" statement she made is also not one I'd count as likely to be true. Unless it's part of their normal speech pattern, when a person qualifies any statement at all, I'm suspicious of it. Example:

Me: Have any meth in your pockets?

Meth-head: None....that I know of.

lol.
                They're not my pants!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  They're not my pants!!!
                  As the second grade teacher has dismissed the class, they all begin putting on their coats and hats and boots to go out in the snow.
                  Billy doesn't budge.
                  The teacher, needing to get home, helps Billy put on his coat and hat, then kneels down and struggles to get his boots on him.
                  Finally, after quite a struggle, she says "Billy, your boots are really tight!"
                  Billy replies, "those are not my boots"

Exasperated, the teacher removes the boots, then looks around the coat closet, and sees no other boots.
                  Teacher asks, "well, then were ARE your boots"?
                  Billy replies "I don't have any - those boots are my brother's".
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                    Whataboutism is using "what about X" to distract from the point being made or excuse the actor in question. For example, "Trump did X." responded to with "What about Obama? He did it too!"

It's not "whataboutism" when the point being made is that the thing in question is done by both sides and not acceptable for either side.
                    Yeah you are, but I don’t feel like trying to nailing jello to the wall today, so believe whatever you want to believe.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                      Yeah you are, but I don’t feel like trying to nailing jello to the wall today, so believe whatever you want to believe.
                      It's not whataboutism if carp does it!

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                        Not!!!

Trump could be seen to shoot someone on fifth ave in broad daylight and it wouldn't be credible evidence to his most ardent supporters, which obviously includes most of you here. That's what Trump loves so much about the character of his supporters.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Trump could be seen to shoot someone on fifth ave in broad daylight and it wouldn't be credible evidence to his most ardent supporters, which obviously includes most of you here. That's what Trump loves so much about the character of his supporters.
                          You're cute when you go all wild-eyed, Jim.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Trump could be seen to shoot someone on fifth ave...
                            Having run out of really stupid things to say, Jimmy dips into his "really REALLY stupid" reservoir.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                              So - I'm multiple people now?
                              In a sense, yes. I know lots of people that are reasonable, unless you get into their pet topic and they can turn into some of the most unreasonable people around. One of my friends I’ve known since high school is this way when it comes to vaccinations. She isnÂ’t an idiot, she did attend and graduate from Biola University, but yet there’s no point in bothering to argue with her about vaccinations. Same with you about all things Trump.

Why don't you go back and look at what I did with the nuttiness around the conspiracy theories about the photo's of the inauguration. That was just objective data. Nothing really to argue about. And yet ... so many here couldn't put their objective hat on and get past their paranoia and realize nothing was going on there - it was all just Trump ego and Trump supporter paranoia.
                              You’ll note that I have said, on several occasions, there’s many things to critique Trump on and his rather large ego is among those things. However, when absolutely everything is a crisis, everything is the worse thing ever, when nothing can be done right, and when anything and everything sends you into crisis and panic mode, you’ve left reason behind and embraced paranoia. It hardly does your case any favors when you’ve fully embraced conspiracy theories, paranoia, and fear while accusing your opponents of the same thing.

But I think you'll be able to see the same guy there - and I really think the problem here is a combination of that same incapacity of some to think rationally on these issues (where some still couldn't recognize they were being bamboozled by ignorance and paranoia) coupled with the immense subjectivity of so many of the other topics argued here. So again, the inauguration pictures issue was just plain old science and yet many of my detractors here couldn't get past their paranoia even when I took it down to 6th grade level and color coded the various elements of the pictures taken from the various perspectives.
                              I’m not going to turn into a conspiracy nut and embrace every anti Trump conspiracy theory like you have. Like I said, it’s ironic that you complain about the very same stuff you are guilt of doing and don’t even notice.

And that plays into a LOT of what you see on these pages Pix.
                              Oh the irony.
                              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Glass houses Jimmy.
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment