Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another Credible Rape Claim Against Trump....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    It's what I see maxvel. A few examples -
    6) Trump's bungling of the charlottesville situation and his accidental and/or incompetent support of white supremacists there.
    Accepting commentators' misrepresentation of Trump's comments when Trump's comments are themselves properly quoted doesn't give rise to any confidence in your ability to be objective.
    Trump did NOT make anything like an endorsement of white supremacists. He simply lumped left wing extremists, also present in that same incident, in the same category.
    I don't know enough about the other matters to make comment, but your failure to acknowledge the facts with regard to point 6 doesn't encourage acceptance of your impartiality with regard to those matters.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
      Accepting commentators' misrepresentation of Trump's comments when Trump's comments are themselves properly quoted doesn't give rise to any confidence in your ability to be objective.
      Trump did NOT make anything like an endorsement of white supremacists. He simply lumped left wing extremists, also present in that same incident, in the same category.
      I don't know enough about the other matters to make comment, but your failure to acknowledge the facts with regard to point 6 doesn't encourage acceptance of your impartiality with regard to those matters.
      Please read again. I said his endorsement was accidental and /or incomptent. IOW, He endorsed them indirectly.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Please read again. I said his endorsement was accidental and /or incomptent. IOW, He endorsed them indirectly.

Jim
        And the actual video, sans the talking heads, shows that he did nothing of the sort.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          I would not be surprised that "something" happened to Ford somewhere by somebody, but I found her to not be a very credible witness at all, and her testimony against Kavanaugh to be full of holes and largely uncorroborated. That Trump mocked her is yet another reason I'm not thrilled at all with Trump's behavior.

Next?
          I guess *maybe* he "should" have done what most "proper" politicians do, and left the mockery to others (me, for instance). His supporters like him because he is NOT a "proper" politician, he comes across as "real," he is a spike-covered flame-throwing opposite of a turn-the-other-cheek doormat, and he has a sense of humor. He does go too far sometimes, but it frankly only bothers me a tiny bit.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I would not be surprised that "something" happened to Ford somewhere by somebody, but I found her to not be a very credible witness at all, and her testimony against Kavanaugh to be full of holes and largely uncorroborated. That Trump mocked her is yet another reason I'm not thrilled at all with Trump's behavior.

Next?
            Trump's behavior was appalling although without it the majority of Americans would have remained unaware of just how shaky Ford's claims were since the MSM was taking extraordinary steps to avoid covering that in any sort of meaningful way. It wasn't until Trump blasted her in a Tweet which listed a number of the holes in her story that the MSM started covering it. And they only did so in order to show what a mean old ogre Trump was (quoting all the nasty things he said). IIRC, there was a chart showing support for Ford and opposition to Kavanaugh changing dramatically in the week or so after his tweet with many experts attributing the change to Trump's exposing the problems in her allegations as the reason.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And the actual video, sans the talking heads, shows that he did nothing of the sort.
              Yup. You have to wilfully distort what he said in order to make it sound like he was endorsing or sympathizing with white supremacists. Just like what was done when Trump explicitly referred to MS-13 as animals and the TDS crowd immediately claimed that Trump said all immigrants are animals.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Yup. You have to wilfully distort what he said in order to make it sound like he was endorsing or sympathizing with white supremacists. Just like what was done when Trump explicitly referred to MS-13 as animals and the TDS crowd immediately claimed that Trump said all immigrants are animals.
                Ah yes. I remember that one too. When Trump was first brought to attention in the media here, I was mildly anti. It stayed that way, though I knew there was something wrong with the picture being presented, I couldn't isolate what it was. Then came the Koi feeding story, which I first saw (I think) on an NHK feed. That's when "what's wrong with this picture" was identified, so I started to take more attention to the background in other stories. Now I'm mildly pro-Trump. He's only deplorable - which puts him head and shoulders above most of his competition.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Hey - that's a different argument and a different thread, so I'm not going long on this. But Trump's comments about the 'decent people there' when you had people yelling "Jews will never replace us" etc did nothing but pander to the white supremacists. It was ignorant and incompetent if nothing else

But worse, he has a history of comments and policies that align with racist sentiment and he does little to actively, purposefully disassociate himself from such people.*

This is just the way it is, and once again it is clear there is support for Trump acting out his implicit support of the explicitly racist subgroups in this country. It may be ignorance on your part, but the support is there nonetheless.

Jim

* any leader whose policies might align with groups like neo-nazis, white nationalist and the like has a responsibility to be clear how and why they are not at all aligned with them, to the point of incurring their wrath.
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-30-2019, 06:43 AM.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Trump's behavior was appalling although without it the majority of Americans would have remained unaware of just how shaky Ford's claims were since the MSM was taking extraordinary steps to avoid covering that in any sort of meaningful way. It wasn't until Trump blasted her in a Tweet which listed a number of the holes in her story that the MSM started covering it. And they only did so in order to show what a mean old ogre Trump was (quoting all the nasty things he said). IIRC, there was a chart showing support for Ford and opposition to Kavanaugh changing dramatically in the week or so after his tweet with many experts attributing the change to Trump's exposing the problems in her allegations as the reason.
                    In that regard, Trump demonstrated quite clearly his ability to 'play' the media.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No rogue. He did support them - implicitly. But you have to understand the need to never give groups like that any sort of legitimacy - implicit or otherwise - to understand how his statements were an endorsement.

Basically it's like this: If a Neo-Nazi or a White-supremacist can hear your comments and think to themselves - "hey - maybe this guy is secretly with us", then you have failed on that front. And Trump did that in spades with Charlottesville, and he's done it repeatedly during his campaign and his presidency. And that is why he is rightfully called out one it each time he does it.

Jim

Comment

No rogue. He did support them - implicitly. But you have to understand the need to never give groups like that any sort of legitimacy - implicit or otherwise - to understand how his statements were an endorsement.

Basically it's like this: If a Neo-Nazi or a White-supremacist can hear your comments and think to themselves - "hey - maybe this guy is secretly with us", then you have failed on that front. And Trump did that in spades with Charlottesville, and he's done it repeatedly during his campaign and his presidency. And that is why he is rightfully called out one it each time he does it.

Jim
                        Time for a little whataboutism.... Obama did what you are describing every time he weighed in on a racial conflict without getting the facts. The militant blacks could think "hey, this guy is with us!". You condemn that, too, yes?
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• “I think there is blame on both sides,” the president said in a combative exchange with reporters at Trump Tower in Manhattan. “You had a group on one side that was bad. You had a group on the other side that was also very violent. Nobody wants to say that. I’ll say it right now.”

Mr. Trump defended those gathered in a Charlottesville park to protest the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee. “I’ve condemned neo-Nazis. I’ve condemned many different groups,” he said. “Not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me. Not all of those people were white supremacists by any stretch.”

Read the points that Trump made WITHOUT reading the commentary by the reporter.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Here's the "very fine people" statement in context:

If you reported it accurately, you would say that the neo-Nazis started this thing. They showed up in Charlottesville. Excuse me. They didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis. You had some very bad people in that group. You also had some very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group -- excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.

Later in the same press conference, he said:

You had people and i'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists. They should be condemned totally. You had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. The press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people but you also had troublemakers and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets and with the baseball bats. You had a lot of bad people in the other group too.

https://www.vox.com/2017/8/15/161540...harlottesville

Anybody who could think that Trump was directly or indirectly calling white supremacists "very fine people" is either deceived, or being deceptive themselves.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              You had people and i'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists. They should be condemned totally.
                              For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Perhaps he should have been less ambiguous.

Comment

Sorry you see it that way pix.

Jim
                                I’m sorry that you’re basically becoming Jorge or JM, when it comes to anything to do with Trump. I’ve always enjoyed your pursuit of ‘what is true’ no matter what we would personally like to be true and your stuff about JM’s latest geocentric nonsense I’ve always found as a great science lesson. Too bad you’ve basically left that behind. For example, Puerto Rico’s biggest issue is its government let the islands roads and power grid rot for the past 20 years. There’s reports, dating from the late Bush/ early Obama years stating the problems and saying a major hurricane would devastate the island. These reports were ignored and the problem got worse. When a storm finally took out the roads and power, the press didn’t care and just wants to ‘get Trump’ even if it means flat ignoring this key detail. Much of your ‘evidence’ is a similar story. You ignoring details that you don’t like, to support your ‘get Trump’ mentality.
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment