Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another Credible Rape Claim Against Trump....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    A good example of that was Trump's recent meeting with the little gargoyle in charge of North Korea. The MSM was tripping over themselves deriding it accusing Trump of "cozying up" to a dictator[1]. This was courageous and something to be admired and applauded when their Obamessiah was doing it but something to be mocked and ridiculed when Trump does it.

1. That term was repeated so often one would think it was part of a memo that got circulated calling for the expression to be used. Anywho... Many of those complaining were having virtual orgasms when Obama went to Cuba to meet Castro and applauding Obama's sending pallets of cash to the rulers of Iran. And who wants to bet that a substantial number of these critics also own a Che Guevara poster or T-shirt?
    Democrats (2017): “Trump needs to tone it down or he’s going to start a nuclear war!”

Democrats (2019): “Trump needs to stop cozying up to dictators!”

Sometimes you got to wonder if they would have preferred all of Korea to have turned into a glass parking lot, so they could ‘get Trump.’
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      I am glad you enjoyed my posts in NatSci. I am sorry you don't enjoy them here. But I am the same person in both.

There are a large number of issues that contributed to the crisis in Puerto Rico. But when you warn your kids they are heading down the wrong road and they head that way anyway and get themselves in trouble, is that the time to abandon them?

The fact is there are millions of people there suffering, and you don't take the time when they are starving or dying of thirst to lecture them about what their government did wrong. If their government wont help them then maybe if necessary you go in there and take over from their government for a time - but you don't let them alone to deal with it and you don't drag your feet getting in there and making sure people in isolated areas are getting food and water, and you don't look the other way knowing their own ineptitude is going to make things worse because you are mad over an unflattering sound bite on the news. The president must be more mature than that. And honestly, his supporters need to grow up and stop justifying actions that in fact kill people because they don't like how the media talks about him either.

Trump basically didn't like how their government officials talked about him. And for that, people suffered and died. And that is inexcusable.

Jim
      Rogue pretty much beat this one to death, but the fact remains you’re not at all the same.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        Democrats (2017): “Trump needs to tone it down or he’s going to start a nuclear war!”

Democrats (2019): “Trump needs to stop cozying up to dictators!”

Sometimes you got to wonder if they would have preferred all of Korea to have turned into a glass parking lot, so they could ‘get Trump.’
        There is more than enough hypocrisy to go around...

Both sides have a history of "flipping the script" when it is "their leader" acting or talking.
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
          Both sides have a history of "flipping the script" when it is "their leader" acting or talking.
          I'm absolutely stunned.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I'm absolutely stunned.
            See! I knew I could edumicate you!
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

See! I knew I could edumicate you!
              I does has a teachable spirit. I just don't drink from that bottle nears enough.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

There is more than enough hypocrisy to go around...

Whataboutism!!!

Eleventy-1111!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                  Rogue pretty much beat this one to death, but the fact remains you’re not at all the same.
                  So - I'm multiple people now?

Why don't you go back and look at what I did with the nuttiness around the conspiracy theories about the photo's of the inauguration. That was just objective data. Nothing really to argue about. And yet ... so many here couldn't put their objective hat on and get past their paranoia and realize nothing was going on there - it was all just Trump ego and Trump supporter paranoia.

But I think you'll be able to see the same guy there - and I really think the problem here is a combination of that same incapacity of some to think rationally on these issues (where some still couldn't recognize they were being bamboozled by ignorance and paranoia) coupled with the immense subjectivity of so many of the other topics argued here. So again, the inauguration pictures issue was just plain old science and yet many of my detractors here couldn't get past their paranoia even when I took it down to 6th grade level and color coded the various elements of the pictures taken from the various perspectives.

And that plays into a LOT of what you see on these pages Pix.

Jim
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-01-2019, 03:19 PM.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• While I'm not at all convinced that Trump is a sincere Christian anymore than Obama was, I do think there's a key difference between him and Buttibeg. Trump at least courts the opinions of Christians and care about what they believe, while that mayor is definitely playing against what Christians stand for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      I'm absolutely stunned.

You know what mom taught us was the proper response:

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Whataboutism!!!

Eleventy-1111!!
                        Whataboutism is using "what about X" to distract from the point being made or excuse the actor in question. For example, "Trump did X." responded to with "What about Obama? He did it too!"

It's not "whataboutism" when the point being made is that the thing in question is done by both sides and not acceptable for either side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                          While I'm not at all convinced that Trump is a sincere Christian anymore than Obama was, I do think there's a key difference between him and Buttibeg. Trump at least courts the opinions of Christians and care about what they believe, while that mayor is definitely playing against what Christians stand for.
                          Not so sure about that Leonhard. There is a shift taking place. Perhaps you could add the term orthodox or historical. Again, I'm not advocating for it, but there is a significant rise in the mainstreamness of LBGT people that identify themselves as Christians and churches that are willing to accept them as is w/o asking them to change or remain celibate.

Jim
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                            While I'm not at all convinced that Trump is a sincere Christian anymore than Obama was, I do think there's a key difference between him and Buttibeg. Trump at least courts the opinions of Christians and care about what they believe, while that mayor is definitely playing against what Christians stand for.
                            As best I can tell - Trump's "caring" is limited to keeping his "base" intact. I sincerely doubt he actually cares about what Christians believe. I'll make a prediction: I predict all pretense to "being Christian" will erode away once he is no longer president and no longer needs the Christian right in his "base."

Let's see (hopefully within a couple of years) if that prediction proves to be accurate!

Comment

Whataboutism is using "what about X" to distract from the point being made or excuse the actor in question. For example, "Trump did X." responded to with "What about Obama? He did it too!"

It's not "whataboutism" when the point being made is that the thing in question is done by both sides and not acceptable for either side.
                              Nah, post #183 is as blatant a case of "whataboutism" as there is. I don't have a problem with "whataboutism," but if you're going to call out others for it, then it's only fair you get called out too.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                                Not so sure about that Leonhard. There is a shift taking place. Perhaps you could add the term orthodox or historical.

Comment