Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another Credible Rape Claim Against Trump....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The clip is incomplete, and seems to reference an accusation that I don't think I've heard anything about. Does anyone know any more about this? Was this someone who recently came forward?
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      And I'm sorry this is who you idolize and voted for, but he is who he is, and I'm not going to pretend otherwise.

Jim
      Hey oxmix, MaxVel is not American, so he wasn't able to vote for Trump.

Comment

I didn't make up the access hollywood tape. I didn't make trump get his divorces, or play around with playboy models or whatever. And I'm sorry this is who you idolize and voted for, but he is who he is, and I'm not going to pretend otherwise.
        Have you considered that all the "dirt" you lot keep bringing up about Trump is a decade or more in his past? I'm not aware of any recent scandals. Perhaps he really did have a change of heart at some point.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
          That is why I voted twice, once for me once for Max...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

You know, there is no way to point out what is going on with Trump, because reality is simply too much for you guys.
            And that there is a big part of your problem.

Whenever someone disagrees with you about anything regarding Trump, it's not because they have a different view of the facts than you, or because you have got anything wrong, it's always because they are morally flawed, unwilling to face reality, 'sold out' and so on.

(1) That is simply not true in every case

(2) That is an insult to the integrity of those you're trying to persuade

(3) That poisons the well - it means that YOU can't be corrected even if you get something wrong

(4) It's an emotional reflex to disagreement rather than a rational one.

Originally posted by oxmixmudd
            You think it is over the top crazy. But it is what it is. And I'm not going to water it down just because you don't like it.

I didn't make up the access hollywood tape. I didn't make trump get his divorces, or play around with playboy models or whatever. And I'm sorry this is who you idolize and voted for, but he is who he is, and I'm not going to pretend otherwise.

Jim
            The bolded above is both a falsehood and an accusation that I sin against God. Withdraw it.

If you really want to persuade people to see Trump 'as he really is' stop insulting their integrity, stop using emotive and loaded language, start presenting the facts in the most fair and even-handed way possible. Admit it when you get things wrong, and be open to the possibility that there are reasonable views that differ from yours.
            Last edited by MaxVel; 06-27-2019, 08:48 PM.
            ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
              And that there is a big part of your problem.

Whenever someone disagrees with you about anything regarding Trump, it's not because they have a different view of the facts than you, or because you have got anything wrong, it's always because they are morally flawed, unwilling to face reality, 'sold out' and so on.
              Interesting. How then are so many Christians able to be on Trump's side with each and every accusation against him from each and every woman that claims he has assaulted her? Every Single One. Not one of these ladies is telling the truth they say. And yet the evidence exists in spades that this is the sort of person Donald Trump is. It does not pass credulity to me that people who have sworn allegiance to Christ and to moral purity can time and time again attack the woman claiming to have been assaulted and defend Trump without some sort of compromise of their moral character taking place. With Trump's character, it is nearly impossible for all of these women to be liars. There are just too many.

I do appreciate your effort to try to point out what I'm doing to provoke hostility. But the reality is there is nothing I can do that will lesson the hostility. Just watch and see. I'll try to avoid what you are pointing out. But it will make no difference.

Jim
              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-27-2019, 09:18 PM.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Interesting. How then are so many Christians able to be on Trump's side with each and every accusation against him from each and every woman that claims he has assaulted her? Every Single One. Not one of these ladies is telling the truth they say. And yet the evidence exists in spades that this is the sort of person Donald Trump is. It does not pass credulity to me that people who have sworn allegiance to Christ and to moral purity can time and time again attack the woman claiming to have been assaulted and defend Trump without some sort of compromise of their moral character taking place. With Trump's character, it is nearly impossible for all of these women to be liars. There are just too many.

I do appreciate your effort to try to point out what I'm doing to provoke hostility. But the reality is there is nothing I can do that will lesson the hostility. Just watch and see. I'll try to avoid what you are pointing out. But it will make no difference.

Jim
                Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 06-27-2019, 09:27 PM.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And people focus on what I could do better to avoid hostility ...

Jim
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

And people focus on what I could do better to avoid hostility ...

Jim
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post

Nice emotion filled rant, a shame nobody here made those arguments.
                      err - I was responding to KingsGambit's comment mentioning Trump's 'her not being is type'.

So someone DID in fact bring that line up. And I was in fact commenting on it in response to what was posted in this thread. I wonder why you didn't bother to read KB's post which was quoted in my response? Just easier to rail on me I guess.

As for 'emotion' - you need to get that 'mind reader' of yours looked at. It isn't working so well these days.

Jim

Comment

And it just keeps coming ...

Jim

Comment

err - I was responding to KingsGambit's comment mentioning Trump's 'her not being is type'.

So someone DID in fact bring that line up. And I was in fact commenting on it in response to what was posted in this thread.

As for 'emotion' - you need to get that 'mind reader' of yours looked at. It isn't working so well these days.

Jim
                          It works just fine. The anger, raw hate, and hostility rolls off from you and is rather easy to spot.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Jim
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                              Let's hope not anyway. Alright - I'll retract that part of what I posted. Sorry Max, clearly you could not have voted for Donald Trump. And the honest truth is I got caught be the phone mobile app 'edit will delete' thing - I meant to say 'so many idolize', not 'you'. So I can apologize for that as well. Just too much going on and tired enough of being the most hated person on TWEB that I just could not muster a reason to care. That is, even if I'd have taken the effort to copy it, watch it get deleted, and then repost it, it wouldn't have made a hill of beans worth of difference in terms of what the response was to it.

Jim

Comment

Jim

Comment