Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

And the Democrat Debate Winner is!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
    What hasn't been explained is the reason for a prosecutor with more than the usual desire to find an offence, being forced in the end to admit that he couldn't find any offence that would be demonstrable to a grand jury.
    Over 1000 former and current federal prosecutors signed a letter in reference to the Mueller report stating that if it had been any one other than the President he would have been indicted. The Special Prosecutor, because of DOJ guidelines, could not indict a sitting President and therefore he conducted the investigation and left it for Congress to Impeach which is basically a Jury trial and the only way to adjudicate charges against the President. Besides that, anyone with half a brain could see the possible criminal conspiracy and the definite obstruction of justice of both the Special Prosecutor's as well as the Congressional Investigations.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Over 1000 former and current federal prosecutors signed a letter in reference to the Mueller report stating that if it had been any one other than the President he would have been indicted. The Special Prosecutor, because of DOJ guidelines, could not indict a sitting President and therefore he conducted the investigation and left it for Congress to Impeach which is basically a Jury trial and the only way to adjudicate charges against the President. Besides that, anyone with half a brain could see the possible criminal conspiracy and the definite obstruction of justice of both the Special Prosecutor's as well as the Congressional Investigations.
      If it was as open and shut as your 1000+ claim, congress would have begun impeachment proceedings long since. Either your 1000+ are wrong, or congress is participating in this conspiracy of yours.
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Yes, "the possible criminal conspiracy and the definite obstruction of justice of both the Special Prosecutor's as well as the Congressional Investigations" is fairly evident to see. If only we could hold them to account.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
          If it was as open and shut as your 1000+ claim, congress would have begun impeachment proceedings long since. Either your 1000+ are wrong, or congress is participating in this conspiracy of yours.
          That's ridiculous. There are many reasons for the House not to initiate Impeachment Hearings and the reason for not doing so certainly has nothing to do with them not being aware of the much existing evidence against Trump and his Administration. Personally I think those reasons are wrong headed at this point, but they are their reasons.

I don't think that I'll question whether or not 1000+ former and current federal prosecutors know what they're talking about. And, the idea that Congress is participating in some conspiracy is only for nut case conspiracy theorist to ponder.
          Last edited by JimL; 07-01-2019, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Yes, "the possible criminal conspiracy and the definite obstruction of justice of both the Special Prosecutor's as well as the Congressional Investigations" is fairly evident to see. If only we could hold them to account.
            You're beginning to sound like a nut case there, OBP. Is it possible that your bias was able to turn the real world upside down in your brain.

Comment

You're beginning to sound like a nut case there, OBP. Is it possible that your bias was able to turn the real world upside down in your brain.
              Coming from you, that's a compliment. If YOU think I'm crazy and upside down, odds are pretty good I'm on the right track.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Former, not current - and that number isn't particularly large, given the number of Fed prosecutors.It's an online signature - with no mention of party affiliation. It appears to still be active but that makes the number of signatories even less impressive since it began May 6.
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

That's ridiculous. There are many reasons for the House not to initiate Impeachment Hearings and the reason for not doing so certainly has nothing to do with them not being aware of the much existing evidence against Trump and his Administration. Personally I think those reasons are wrong headed at this point, but they are their reasons.

I don't think that I'll question whether or not 1000+ former and current federal prosecutors know what they're talking about. And, the idea that Congress is participating in some conspiracy is only for nut case conspiracy theorist to ponder.
                  Jimmy, you actually typed some complete sentences with some proper contractions and several proper uses of their/there/they're, and with only minor errors. Are you smokin' something?
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You're beginning to sound like a nut case
                    Coming from the collusion delusion boy:

And considering that this is how you "research" your claims:

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Jimmy, you actually typed some complete sentences with some proper contractions and several proper uses of their/there/they're, and with only minor errors. Are you smokin' something?
                      I wish!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        ...Are you smokin' something?
                        I wish!
                        And, there you have it, folks!
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment