Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 339

Thread: Kids In Cages...

  1. #1
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    23,825
    Amen (Given)
    1582
    Amen (Received)
    4739

    Kids In Cages...

    Just so we don't forget where this started:

    14793948720_82d61c05f2_o.sized-770x415xc.jpg

    Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson visits the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Nogales Placement Center June 25, 2014 (Barry Bahler/Department of Homeland Security)

    https://pjmedia.com/trending/obama-b...s4X5mNJWLC_tY8
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

  2. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  3. #2
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    47,971
    Amen (Given)
    4763
    Amen (Received)
    21225
    If they had let Trump build his wall, there would be no need for detention camps.

  4. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  5. #3
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    23,825
    Amen (Given)
    1582
    Amen (Received)
    4739
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    If they had let Trump build his wall, there would be no need for detention camps.
    That would ruin the narrative...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

  6. #4
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    47,971
    Amen (Given)
    4763
    Amen (Received)
    21225
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    That would ruin the narrative...
    That's what I would be saying every time they bring it up, if I were Trump or on his team. "It's your fault, you didn't let me build the wall"

    Not to mention Congress is the one who set up the laws in the first place that say we have to detain the illegals seeking asylum and separate the kids. If they don't like it they are the ones with the power to change it, or make it better.

  7. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  8. #5
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal!!!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,490
    Amen (Given)
    264
    Amen (Received)
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    That's what I would be saying every time they bring it up, if I were Trump or on his team. "It's your fault, you didn't let me build the wall"

    Not to mention Congress is the one who set up the laws in the first place that say we have to detain the illegals seeking asylum and separate the kids. If they don't like it they are the ones with the power to change it, or make it better.
    I think the Democrat's slogan is "Sure. We make the laws. But we don't want you to enforce them."

  9. #6
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,922
    Amen (Given)
    5519
    Amen (Received)
    5482
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    I think the Democrat's slogan is "Sure. We make the laws. But we don't want you to enforce them."
    Obama sure didn't. He just ignored whatever laws he didn't like.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  10. #7
    Professor KingsGambit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Triangle
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,802
    Amen (Given)
    1590
    Amen (Received)
    4228
    Wouldn't it be nice if people cared half as much about the situation on the ground as they did about how they could score points out of it?

    It's unclear what we can do, though. Donations of toothpaste, etc. have flowed in, but the border patrol has refused them all.
    For what was given to everyone for the use of all, you have taken for your exclusive use. The earth belongs not to the rich, but to everyone. - Ambrose, 4th century AD

    All cruelty springs from weakness. - Seneca the Younger

  11. #8
    tWebber Teallaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In my house.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    12,978
    Amen (Given)
    6378
    Amen (Received)
    4733
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if people cared half as much about the situation on the ground as they did about how they could score points out of it?

    It's unclear what we can do, though. Donations of toothpaste, etc. have flowed in, but the border patrol has refused them all.
    Being fair, if something adulterated gets by them and hurts a kid, the Patrol would be rightfully blamed. One nutcase on either side trying to 'prove' something would be all it took. Much safer to just buy them what they need.

  12. #9
    Child of the One True King Raphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Middle Earth, New Zealand
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,156
    Amen (Given)
    2617
    Amen (Received)
    2991
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Being fair, if something adulterated gets by them and hurts a kid, the Patrol would be rightfully blamed. One nutcase on either side trying to 'prove' something would be all it took. Much safer to just buy them what they need.
    I also understand there are a significant number of kids where the adult they are with is not an actual relation
    TheologyWeb Needs YOU! - Please Help Us Upgrade Tweb! Click here for more info


    "If you can ever make any major religion look absolutely ludicrous, chances are you haven't understood it"
    -Ravi Zacharias, The New Age: A foreign bird with a local walk

    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

    "...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

  13. #10
    tWebber ReformedApologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Reformed Baptist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    167
    Amen (Given)
    29
    Amen (Received)
    58
    I been seeing photos of this on Facebook and sadly they were being titled with false captions claiming Trump was responsible for this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •