Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kids In Cages...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    That suggests totalitarian countries will tend towards communism. It does not support the claim that communism requires totalitarianism. Indeed, I suspect the reason we don't see communism in representative democracies is because people generally don't want it, so they don't choose it.
    Did you ever wonder why democracies did not spring up organically from Communist countries even after decades? Because no matter what is on paper, the system is antithetical to human nature, human freedom and democracy. And un-american.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
      Did you ever wonder why democracies did not spring up organically from Communist countries even after decades? Because no matter what is on paper, the system is antithetical to human nature, human freedom and democracy. And un-american.
      Trump is anti-democracy and un-american, yet you support him commie boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Where did Trump stop anyone from voting, or even try? So how is he anti-democratic?
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Funny - I was thinking the same thing about you...
          Yeah, but I'm the one who's actually right!
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I'm actually already looking at Australia, Canada, Tanzania, and Belize as possible semi-permanent bases. I'm crossing my fingers none of it will be necessary and this country will come to its senses and put a stop to what is going on. We'll see...
            The Dems have nothing that is likely to excite their base and Trump is coming in with several huge advantages. WAY too early to call a race - but it's a week before and your horse is limping...
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              unnamed-2-630x459[1].jpg
              Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
              1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
              -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Where did Trump stop anyone from voting, or even try? So how is he anti-democratic?
                First off, the republican party has, for decades, been trying to stop people, democrats, from voting, and Trump is carrying on with that tradition. Second, Trump has been undermining democratic institutions since day one in office. The CIA, the FBI, the DOJ, the free press, and if you allow him to continue, you are going to have yourself a true dictator on your hands rather than a just wannabe dictator and you can kiss your democracy goodby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]38418[/ATTACH]
                  That of course is the conservative perspective, but in actuality the democratic party is fairly united on their agenda, they are only divided on how best to achieve it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    The Dems have nothing that is likely to excite their base and Trump is coming in with several huge advantages. WAY too early to call a race - but it's a week before and your horse is limping...
                    Then why is he focusing on things like locking children up in cages and race-baiting if he has such huge advantages? It will be the Dems on on one side side - with thoughtful and engaged criticism coupled with a progressive legislative agenda, verses a dangerous throng spewing cheap insults, racist taunts and explicit threats egged on by Trump himself. THIS is how the election is shaping up.
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

No. I'll elect to leave a country that has departed so badly from the country I grew up in and loved....
                      Yeah, THAT'LL show 'em!
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Yeah, THAT'LL show 'em!
                        On the other hand, his is listening to the suggestion of many "If you don't like the way the country is going, you're free to leave".

As someone who did similar, I really can't object to it.
                        Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                        1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                        -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Really? The US has consecration camps on the border? ...

A bunch of "consecration" camps scattered around the country would probably be a good thing.
                          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                            She blatantly implied that blacks are not really black unless they agree with her and her ideas of blackness.
                            At this point it becomes clear that Carp is in dire need of life-saving cranio-rectal extraction surgery, before he suffocates.
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Actually - I am hoping against hope that he is shown the door by a landslide in 2020.

If he's not...my home will be on the market the next day and I will be out of the country by the inauguration.
                              I'll believe it when I see it.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                                On the other hand, his is listening to the suggestion of many "If you don't like the way the country is going, you're free to leave".

As someone who did similar, I really can't object to it.
                                Well, yeah, there's that!
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment