Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kids In Cages...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    So basically we should just ignore your personal opinion because you have absolutely no expertise or knowledge of the situation, or of walls and are just an arm-chair pontificator spouting off nonsense? OK!
    You can ignore anything you wish. If you wish to discuss the specific arguments made, I'm happy to engage.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      In my experience, they simply choose the "expert" that aligns with their pre-existing POV and discount the expertise of the other person. I've seen it over and over again, from both directions.
      Good to know you're above that sort of thing, seeing as you don't bow down to experts and all. I'm sure we'll all remember this post next time you cite one for whatever point you're trying to prove.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Whether or not an eleven foot ladder beats a ten foot fence depends on how you plan to get down the other side. With a twenty foot wall you're courting a world of pain if you jump...
        Especially with those punji sticks I'm putting at the base.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          That rhetoric is precisely how innocent people end up getting beaten. Look at Antifa in Portland, who seem to think everybody is a tool of fascism.
          So, while your President is putting children into concentration camps, so many that they cannot lay down on the floor to sleep, you are complaining about anti-fascism?
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            So, while your President is putting children into concentration camps, so many that they cannot lay down on the floor to sleep, you are complaining about anti-fascism?
            Hey troll, you ever hear of a concentration camp where people line up to break into? Or one where you can leave by simply saying you want to go home?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Hey troll, you ever hear of a concentration camp where people line up to break into? Or one where you can leave by simply saying you want to go home?
              Trump is cruel to immigrants because he thinks it guarantees your vote.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                It appears to be safe to say that after this incredibly lame attempt to distract and deflect that your answer is no.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You used to better than this. I must say I'm disappointed.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    You used to better than this. I must say I'm disappointed.
                    He's just phoning it in

Comment

He's just phoning it in
                      Maybe his performance will improve since Star has come back.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It appears to be safe to say that after this incredibly lame attempt to distract and deflect that your answer is no.
                        Going back is not an option for those who are fleeing from violence in Central America. If you must detain them, look after them properly and do not separate families. Trump uses cruelty deliberately to discourage people from trying to escape the desperate situation in their home countries. Those who hate the foreigners as much as he does, give him their vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                          There is quite an irony to the fact that these evil acts don't stop the evangelicals from supporting Trump. I was a stranger....
                          FF opens the door with a jackass statement, and you swallow it and build on it. Do us a favor - BE a stranger!

Comment

Going back is not an option for those who are fleeing from violence in Central America.
                            Right. Part of the evil is ignoring their situation and what they are fleeing from. This evil justifies even more evil in how they treat these people once they arrive. The children who are by all means completely innocent suffer from these evil acts.
                            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Going back is not an option for those who are fleeing from violence in Central America. If you must detain them, look after them properly and do not separate families. Trump uses cruelty deliberately to discourage people from trying to escape the desperate situation in their home countries. Those who hate the foreigners as much as he does, give him their vote.
                              Very few are actually seeking sanctuary from violence. Even CNN reported after a reporter talked with a bunch of them from one of the caravans that they were taught to claim that they are fleeing for their lives rather than admitting that they were coming for the money. Former ICE Director Thomas Homan has confirmed this saying that asylum-seekers "are coached on what to say, they'll say the right thing to get released from detention."

Finally, if they were legitimately fleeing for their lives then why did they keep traveling across Mexico, through arid mountains and lands controlled by vicious drug cartels when they were offered political asylum when they crossed Mexico's southern border? If a safe haven were what they wanted they already had it without needing to trudge, dragging your children, another 2825 miles (4546 km). They'd also be in a land where everyone spoke their language and shared a very similar culture. But that isn't what they wanted.

Moreover they went to California instead of up to Texas which is only 1100 miles away. Do you have an idea why that is?
                              Last edited by rogue06; 07-12-2019, 07:28 AM.

Comment

That's a non sequitur.
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment