Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kids In Cages...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids In Cages...

Just so we don't forget where this started:

14793948720_82d61c05f2_o.sized-770x415xc.jpg

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson visits the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Nogales Placement Center June 25, 2014 (Barry Bahler/Department of Homeland Security)

https://pjmedia.com/trending/obama-b...s4X5mNJWLC_tY8
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

If they had let Trump build his wall, there would be no need for detention camps.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      If they had let Trump build his wall, there would be no need for detention camps.
      That would ruin the narrative...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        That would ruin the narrative...
        That's what I would be saying every time they bring it up, if I were Trump or on his team. "It's your fault, you didn't let me build the wall"

Not to mention Congress is the one who set up the laws in the first place that say we have to detain the illegals seeking asylum and separate the kids. If they don't like it they are the ones with the power to change it, or make it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          That's what I would be saying every time they bring it up, if I were Trump or on his team. "It's your fault, you didn't let me build the wall"

Not to mention Congress is the one who set up the laws in the first place that say we have to detain the illegals seeking asylum and separate the kids. If they don't like it they are the ones with the power to change it, or make it better.
          I think the Democrat's slogan is "Sure. We make the laws. But we don't want you to enforce them."

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
            I think the Democrat's slogan is "Sure. We make the laws. But we don't want you to enforce them."
            Obama sure didn't. He just ignored whatever laws he didn't like.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Wouldn't it be nice if people cared half as much about the situation on the ground as they did about how they could score points out of it?

It's unclear what we can do, though. Donations of toothpaste, etc. have flowed in, but the border patrol has refused them all.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                Wouldn't it be nice if people cared half as much about the situation on the ground as they did about how they could score points out of it?

It's unclear what we can do, though. Donations of toothpaste, etc. have flowed in, but the border patrol has refused them all.
                Being fair, if something adulterated gets by them and hurts a kid, the Patrol would be rightfully blamed. One nutcase on either side trying to 'prove' something would be all it took. Much safer to just buy them what they need.
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  Being fair, if something adulterated gets by them and hurts a kid, the Patrol would be rightfully blamed. One nutcase on either side trying to 'prove' something would be all it took. Much safer to just buy them what they need.
                  I also understand there are a significant number of kids where the adult they are with is not an actual relation
                  Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                  1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                  -Ben Witherington III

Comment

I been seeing photos of this on Facebook and sadly they were being titled with false captions claiming Trump was responsible for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                      I also understand there are a significant number of kids where the adult they are with is not an actual relation
                      Um, okay - I don't see the relation to what I said.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Assuming they are getting what they need - which is in a bit of doubt at this point. We are not set up to handle this many people - an overwhelmed system can't help but make mistakes.

Jim
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by ReformedApologist View Post
                          I been seeing photos of this on Facebook and sadly they were being titled with false captions claiming Trump was responsible for this.
                          This has been going on for awhile now[1] with the latest started by soap opera actress Nancy Lee Grahn when she posted some pictures that got widely circulated.

but, like many others, "accidentally" cropped the pictures removing the original timestamp ... from 2015. Hmm, who was president back then? smiley hmm.gif

Could it have been the Obamessiah?

1. For example:
                          Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          The image of a child locked in a cage tweeted by immigration rights activist and former Washington Post and Huffington Post reporter Jose Antonio Vargas this past Monday was staged coming from a protest in Dallas over the weekend

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38011[/ATTACH]

After it was already exposed the fake fact checkers at Snopes declared that the image was merely "miscaptioned"
                          Attached Files

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            Assuming they are getting what they need - which is in a bit of doubt at this point. We are not set up to handle this many people - an overwhelmed system can't help but make mistakes.

Jim
                            Um, while there are a number of funding issues, grosses of soap and toothpaste aren't likely ones. The point about being overwhelmed is part of why the Border Patrol is refusing material donations, in my opinion - how the heck could the police that, too?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Um, okay - I don't see the relation to what I said.
                              It's one of the reasons for seperating the kids.

If they're being trafficked you want to seperate them from those who may be their traffickers whilst you sort out the stories.

Yes the majority probably aren't but with stats of between 10,000 - 20,000 kids trafficked from Mexico to the US annually, it's something you want to get right before you put the kids in the same holding as the adults.
                              Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                              1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                              -Ben Witherington III

Comment