Page 36 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Kids In Cages...

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Lemme know when you become able to accurately characterize Trump, k? Thanks. Of course I don't want the president you describe.
    And yet - that is the president you are supporting. In the past couple weeks, he has made-up or cherry-picked things these four women have said, and is now galvanizing his base to chant "send her back" or "send them back" concerning three native-born, American citizens who were duly elected to the offices they hold.

Someone recently said, "wake up America - you are moving towards a nation where 1/3 of the population would happily kill 1/3 of the population while 1/3 watches." When I first heard that, I thought, "ridiculous...never here."

Now I have to admit that I find myself wondering...
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    And yet - that is the president you are supporting. In the past couple weeks, he has made-up or cherry-picked things these four women have said, and is now galvanizing his base to chant "send her back" or "send them back" concerning three native-born, American citizens who were duly elected to the offices they hold.

Someone recently said, "wake up America - you are moving towards a nation where 1/3 of the population would happily kill 1/3 of the population while 1/3 watches." When I first heard that, I thought, "ridiculous...never here."

Your opinion is duly noted.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

3. Amen Sparko amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

So which two-thirds of the country do you think might be complicit in the murder of the other third?
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

5. Amen Cow Poke, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That's an odd response. Where exactly did I "read minds?"
    You said:and rally his base to hate immigrants of all stripes. We do not hate all immigrants.

I repeat...read what you just said...
    I did, easy to hate American haters...

So 32 million registered Republicans, and Trump is the best you folks can do...

The GOP has indeed fallen far...
    Right, and Hillary was the best the Dems could do. Hey, I would be fine with a Pence or Cruz... But in 2020 Trump is our best chance, there is no Dem that will beat him...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    So which two-thirds of the country do you think might be complicit in the murder of the other third?
    I don't think we're there yet, hence "I find myself wondering." But the language coming from Trump & Co. is the language reminiscent of some very ugly people in world history. And like those people, he has a significant base that is consistently defending him, picking up his lie/hate-based chants, and denying that anything is wrong.

Something is badly wrong...
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    You said:and rally his base to hate immigrants of all stripes. We do not hate all immigrants.
    Trump's core base is not showing a great deal of discretion in its hatred. The events of the past few days seem to me more than testament to that reality. Trump is whipping them into a frenzy of rejection for natural-born citizens - not even immigrants - yet using the "send them back" language used for immigrants and other non-native people.

I did, easy to hate American haters...
    Seer - you're not hating "American haters." You're hating Americans who disagree with you, and have voiced opinions about how they would like things to be. Trump has labeled them "haters." I have not seen a single thing these women have said that leads me to think "they hate America."

You're becoming part of the mob, Seer. You're better than that...

Right, and Hillary was the best the Dems could do. But hey, I would be fine with a Pence or Cruz...
    So "whataboutism" is your only response...? Really?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I don't think we're there yet, hence "I find myself wondering." But the language coming from Trump & Co. is the language reminiscent of some very ugly people in world history. And like those people, he has a significant base that is consistently defending him, picking up his lie/hate-based chants, and denying that anything is wrong.

What about the language coming from the left Carp, even the violence? Congressman shot, ICE facilities firebombed. The antisemitism... Again, your selective outrage...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

10. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    What about the language coming from the left Carp, even the violence? Congressman shot, ICE facilities firebombed. The antisemitism... Again, your selective outrage...
    All violence is deplorable. But I'm not seeing Trump-like language from the leadership of the left, Seer. If you think otherwise, I'd be interested to know what exactly you are referring to.

God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Are you listening to the language coming from the squad?

Ayanna Pressley
    “This is the time to shake that table. ... We don’t need any more brown faces that don’t want to be a brown voice,”
    “We don’t need any more black faces that don’t want to be a black voice.”

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Trump's core base is not showing a great deal of discretion in its hatred. The events of the past few days seem to me more than testament to that reality. Trump is whipping them into a frenzy of rejection for natural-born citizens - not even immigrants - yet using the "send them back" language used for immigrants and other non-native people.
    A rejection of anti-Americans.

Seer - you're not hating "American haters." You're hating Americans who disagree with you, and have voiced opinions about how they would like things to be. Trump has labeled them "haters." I have not seen a single thing these women have said that leads me to think "they hate America."

You're becoming part of the mob, Seer. You're better than that...
    Really? The US has consecration camps on the border? Trump supporters are racist, Nazis, deplorable?

So "whataboutism" is your only response...? Really?

Whataboutism is OK when you use it though...