Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kids In Cages...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
    It's one of the reasons for seperating the kids.

If they're being trafficked you want to seperate them from those who may be their traffickers whilst you sort out the stories.

Yes the majority probably aren't but with stats of between 10,000 - 20,000 kids trafficked from Mexico to the US annually, it's something you want to get right before you put the kids in the same holding as the adults.
    Okay, but I didn't say anything about that at all.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I still don't feel the central question has been answered: Are the conditions in these camps so bad, that children are left sleeping on concrete floors, and don't have access to basic ammenities?

So far the responses here seem to amount to 1) Its anti-Trump propaganda b) Illegal immigrants don't deserve better anyway III) Their parents are responsible.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
          I still don't feel the central question has been answered: Are the conditions in these camps so bad, that children are left sleeping on concrete floors, and don't have access to basic ammenities?

So far the responses here seem to amount to 1) Its anti-Trump propaganda b) Illegal immigrants don't deserve better anyway III) Their parents are responsible.
          https://www.foxnews.com/politics/imm...y-aoc-hispanic

Hispanic pastors tour border facility lambasted by AOC and say they are ‘shocked by misinformation’

Rev. Samuel Rodriguez was "full of indignation" when he saw the reports and heard from politicians about the deplorable and inhumane conditions for illegal immigrants at an El Paso County, Texas migrant detention center. But what he saw at the same facility toured by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y. with a group of pastors was "drastically different."

The president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference, the world's largest Hispanic Christian organization, and senior pastor of New Seasons Christian Worship Center in Sacramento shared his firsthand experience touring a migrant detention center during a press briefing Monday.

“I read the reports, saw the news clips. I just wanted to see what was actually happening in order to better enable our efforts to find a fair and a just solution to our broken immigration system," Rodriguez, who has advised President Trump and both Presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush on immigration reform, noted. “To my surprise, I saw something drastically different from the stories I’ve been hearing in our national discourse. Even as a veteran of immigration advocacy in the U.S., I was shocked at the misinformation of the crisis at the border."

“We found no soiled diapers, no deplorable conditions and no lack of basic necessities,” Rodriguez remarked, adding he specifically asked border agents if they staged the facility in response to the negative press. “They unequivocally denied it — we were witnessing the identical conditions the attorneys saw when they toured the facility days earlier."

In fact, some told him the sources from whom the negative coverage originated “never toured the areas of the facility that we toured” and speculated they might have had political motivations.

The pastors left encouraged by the commitment and dedication of America’s Border Patrol and immigration officers, “many of which are Latinos, by the way.” He said one emotional Border Patrol agent turned to him and said, referring to the vilification: “Pastor Sam, what they’re saying about us is completely false. We care about these kids and have a passion for our calling.”

Pastor Carlos Moran, NHCLC board member and immigrant, said, “we, as evangelical leaders that serve in different segments, are very committed to helping children regardless of their status and we commend those officers that are trying their very best to serve and fulfill their duty at the border. However, we do call on our political leaders to set aside their personal agendas and begin focusing on resolving this immigration crisis.”

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post

Their parents are responsible, they have sleeping bags, they are being feed with medical attention. They have the basics. But our resources were OVERWHELMED. We just didn't have the bed space. And we just passed 4.6 billion dollar bill to help. So get off your high house bro...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Regarding AOC's claim that the people have to drink out of toilets:

--
              The agent on scene said the congresswoman misrepresented why a person in custody had drunk from a toilet.

“So this is what happened with the migrant and drinking water from toilet: she wanted water, didn’t know how to use the faucet in the cell, and drank from the toilet. She never told AOC that we made her drink from the toilet. AOC, of course, changed it … This was when she [the migrant] was apprehended and brought into the facility,” according to the agent.
              https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...tour-witnesses

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                https://www.foxnews.com/politics/imm...y-aoc-hispanic

Hispanic pastors tour border facility lambasted by AOC and say they are ‘shocked by misinformation’

Rev. Samuel Rodriguez was "full of indignation" when he saw the reports and heard from politicians about the deplorable and inhumane conditions for illegal immigrants at an El Paso County, Texas migrant detention center. But what he saw at the same facility toured by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y. with a group of pastors was "drastically different."

The president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference, the world's largest Hispanic Christian organization, and senior pastor of New Seasons Christian Worship Center in Sacramento shared his firsthand experience touring a migrant detention center during a press briefing Monday.

“I read the reports, saw the news clips. I just wanted to see what was actually happening in order to better enable our efforts to find a fair and a just solution to our broken immigration system," Rodriguez, who has advised President Trump and both Presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush on immigration reform, noted. “To my surprise, I saw something drastically different from the stories I’ve been hearing in our national discourse. Even as a veteran of immigration advocacy in the U.S., I was shocked at the misinformation of the crisis at the border."

“We found no soiled diapers, no deplorable conditions and no lack of basic necessities,” Rodriguez remarked, adding he specifically asked border agents if they staged the facility in response to the negative press. “They unequivocally denied it — we were witnessing the identical conditions the attorneys saw when they toured the facility days earlier."

In fact, some told him the sources from whom the negative coverage originated “never toured the areas of the facility that we toured” and speculated they might have had political motivations.

The pastors left encouraged by the commitment and dedication of America’s Border Patrol and immigration officers, “many of which are Latinos, by the way.” He said one emotional Border Patrol agent turned to him and said, referring to the vilification: “Pastor Sam, what they’re saying about us is completely false. We care about these kids and have a passion for our calling.”

Pastor Carlos Moran, NHCLC board member and immigrant, said, “we, as evangelical leaders that serve in different segments, are very committed to helping children regardless of their status and we commend those officers that are trying their very best to serve and fulfill their duty at the border. However, we do call on our political leaders to set aside their personal agendas and begin focusing on resolving this immigration crisis.”
                Well - now we know that someone is lying. I'm sure, as usual, everyone will rush to point the finger at the "other side" and defend "their side."

I think I'll stick with "someone is lying." It's all the available information makes it possible for me to say with any degree of certainty.
                The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                  Well - now we know that someone is lying. I'm sure, as usual, everyone will rush to point the finger at the "other side" and defend "their side."

I think I'll stick with "someone is lying." It's all the available information makes it possible for me to say with any degree of certainty.
                  I don't think a Hispanic pastor has any motivation to lie about the condition these people are going through in these camps, unlike AOC who has a history of being a drama queen nutjob and has exaggerated and outright lied before.

Comment

I don't think a Hispanic pastor has any motivation to lie about the condition these people are going through in these camps, unlike AOC who has a history of being a drama queen nutjob and has exaggerated and outright lied before.
                    As predicted...

This also is likely to be a pointless "echo chamber" discussion. I'll leave the last word to you.
                    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                      As predicted...

This also is likely to be a pointless "echo chamber" discussion. I'll leave the last word to you.
                      When has that ever happened?

Comment

When has that ever happened?
                        When he has no leg to stand on and therefore opines that both sides of the story are more or less equally valid?
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          When he has no leg to stand on and therefore opines that both sides of the story are more or less equally valid?
                          I mean when has he actually let anyone have the last word?

Comment

In this scenario it's fairly likely - when further discussion is only going to expose the weaknesses of one's position, why continue?
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

The pastors were Evangelicals! That outweighs the fact that they're Hispanic! LIARS ALL!!!
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Didnt someone complain I was poisoning the well in another post in another thread?

Now these last few posts between OBP and sparko - now THAT is poisoning the well.

Is there anyone here that actually wants a real discussion about anything?

Jim
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment