Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Kids In Cages...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    I also understand there are a significant number of kids where the adult they are with is not an actual relation
    Um, okay - I don't see the relation to what I said.

2. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Being fair, if something adulterated gets by them and hurts a kid, the Patrol would be rightfully blamed. One nutcase on either side trying to 'prove' something would be all it took. Much safer to just buy them what they need.
    Assuming they are getting what they need - which is in a bit of doubt at this point. We are not set up to handle this many people - an overwhelmed system can't help but make mistakes.

Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReformedApologist View Post
    I been seeing photos of this on Facebook and sadly they were being titled with false captions claiming Trump was responsible for this.
    This has been going on for awhile now[1] with the latest started by soap opera actress Nancy Lee Grahn when she posted some pictures that got widely circulated.

but, like many others, "accidentally" cropped the pictures removing the original timestamp ... from 2015. Hmm, who was president back then? smiley hmm.gif

Could it have been the Obamessiah?

1. For example:

Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    The image of a child locked in a cage tweeted by immigration rights activist and former Washington Post and Huffington Post reporter Jose Antonio Vargas this past Monday was staged coming from a protest in Dallas over the weekend

After it was already exposed the fake fact checkers at Snopes declared that the image was merely "miscaptioned"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

5. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Assuming they are getting what they need - which is in a bit of doubt at this point. We are not set up to handle this many people - an overwhelmed system can't help but make mistakes.

Jim
    Um, while there are a number of funding issues, grosses of soap and toothpaste aren't likely ones. The point about being overwhelmed is part of why the Border Patrol is refusing material donations, in my opinion - how the heck could the police that, too?

Child of the One True King Raphael's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Um, okay - I don't see the relation to what I said.
    It's one of the reasons for seperating the kids.

If they're being trafficked you want to seperate them from those who may be their traffickers whilst you sort out the stories.

Yes the majority probably aren't but with stats of between 10,000 - 20,000 kids trafficked from Mexico to the US annually, it's something you want to get right before you put the kids in the same holding as the adults.
    TheologyWeb Needs YOU! - Please Help Us Upgrade Tweb! Click here for more info

"If you can ever make any major religion look absolutely ludicrous, chances are you haven't understood it"
    -Ravi Zacharias, The New Age: A foreign bird with a local walk

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    It's one of the reasons for seperating the kids.

If they're being trafficked you want to seperate them from those who may be their traffickers whilst you sort out the stories.

Yes the majority probably aren't but with stats of between 10,000 - 20,000 kids trafficked from Mexico to the US annually, it's something you want to get right before you put the kids in the same holding as the adults.
    Okay, but I didn't say anything about that at all.

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I still don't feel the central question has been answered: Are the conditions in these camps so bad, that children are left sleeping on concrete floors, and don't have access to basic ammenities?

So far the responses here seem to amount to 1) Its anti-Trump propaganda b) Illegal immigrants don't deserve better anyway III) Their parents are responsible.

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Bump

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    I still don't feel the central question has been answered: Are the conditions in these camps so bad, that children are left sleeping on concrete floors, and don't have access to basic ammenities?

So far the responses here seem to amount to 1) Its anti-Trump propaganda b) Illegal immigrants don't deserve better anyway III) Their parents are responsible.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/imm...y-aoc-hispanic

Hispanic pastors tour border facility lambasted by AOC and say they are ‘shocked by misinformation’

Rev. Samuel Rodriguez was "full of indignation" when he saw the reports and heard from politicians about the deplorable and inhumane conditions for illegal immigrants at an El Paso County, Texas migrant detention center. But what he saw at the same facility toured by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y. with a group of pastors was "drastically different."

The president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference, the world's largest Hispanic Christian organization, and senior pastor of New Seasons Christian Worship Center in Sacramento shared his firsthand experience touring a migrant detention center during a press briefing Monday.

“I read the reports, saw the news clips. I just wanted to see what was actually happening in order to better enable our efforts to find a fair and a just solution to our broken immigration system," Rodriguez, who has advised President Trump and both Presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush on immigration reform, noted. “To my surprise, I saw something drastically different from the stories I’ve been hearing in our national discourse. Even as a veteran of immigration advocacy in the U.S., I was shocked at the misinformation of the crisis at the border."

“We found no soiled diapers, no deplorable conditions and no lack of basic necessities,” Rodriguez remarked, adding he specifically asked border agents if they staged the facility in response to the negative press. “They unequivocally denied it — we were witnessing the identical conditions the attorneys saw when they toured the facility days earlier."

In fact, some told him the sources from whom the negative coverage originated “never toured the areas of the facility that we toured” and speculated they might have had political motivations.

The pastors left encouraged by the commitment and dedication of America’s Border Patrol and immigration officers, “many of which are Latinos, by the way.” He said one emotional Border Patrol agent turned to him and said, referring to the vilification: “Pastor Sam, what they’re saying about us is completely false. We care about these kids and have a passion for our calling.”

Pastor Carlos Moran, NHCLC board member and immigrant, said, “we, as evangelical leaders that serve in different segments, are very committed to helping children regardless of their status and we commend those officers that are trying their very best to serve and fulfill their duty at the border. However, we do call on our political leaders to set aside their personal agendas and begin focusing on resolving this immigration crisis.”

12. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post

Their parents are responsible, they have sleeping bags, they are being feed with medical attention. They have the basics. But our resources were OVERWHELMED. We just didn't have the bed space. And we just passed 4.6 billion dollar bill to help. So get off your high house bro...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...