Page 89 of 91 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 LastLast

Thread: Kids In Cages...

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    This is going to go to your head, isn't it?
    Meh...

If I don't take the personal attacks too seriously - then it would be silly/inconsistent of me to take the personal kudos all that seriously. It's a forum. People say stuff.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

2. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It's not! It's obviously about Carpe!

And that stupid, $^&(^%&%$$!!!!! multi-quote feature...
    I'd recommend blaming it ALL on the multiquote feature.

Psst...I've never actually used that feature myself...
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We are not creating a government reality show!
    Too late... we elected one in 2016...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Prove that...
    Yeah, I sure would love to see the documentation since it squarely flies in the face with reality.

Then again, they're now being coached to claim that they're seeking asylum (something even CNN acknowledged)...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    Too late... we elected one in 2016...
    Actually that happened in 2008 when we elected the "American Idol" president.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

7. Amen Teallaura, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Actually that happened in 2008 when we elected the "American Idol" president.
    Who knew he would end up being seen by the current Democrat field as a right wing extremist?
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

9. Amen Teallaura, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Why does everything have to be about ME?
    Now, you know that isn't true.

Only the bad stuff is about you.

11. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Who knew he would end up being seen by the current Democrat field as a right wing extremist?
    That's gotta be bittersweet for him

13. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Interesting points given by Sam Kim in Christianity Today in the article Are We Morally Distressed by What is Taking Place on Our Border?:
    Jesus was a baby born in the Middle East who became a refugee in Africa because of the rage of a mad king. As a migrant who took shelter in a foreign country, he understood the ambivalence of living in the shadows. I can’t think of a better way of lifting Jesus high than saving refugees who are in peril.

The analogy is a bit strained. Both Palestine and Egypt were Roman provinces. It'd be like someone moving from Puerto Rico to New York, which they're legally allowed to do.

No matter where we lean politically or how we’ve been informed, the majority of those coming to the southern border today are women and children legally seeking asylum and protection from violence.

I'd like to see some numbers on this. My brother who is in the Border Patrol claims that the majority who cross illegally are NOT seeking asylum, and the majority of those who do, have no legal claim. It's just something they've been told to say in the hopes that they'll get to stick around and get lost in the system.

A recent study by Lifeway Research reveals that the Bible only influences one in ten evangelicals on immigration (10 percent), and at 0.2 percent the local church’s influence in the matter is five times less than that. The study concludes that the secular media, at 16 percent, has more influence on evangelicals on the issue of immigration than the Bible and the local church combined! American evangelicals appear to be more heavily influenced by a cultural and pagan view of immigration than one that is biblical.

Strange that the author decided to focus in on "evangelical" Christians. Undoubtedly, most Americans, regardless of religious or non-religious background, will admit that the secular media has a heavier influence than the Bible when it comes to matters of national interest.

Christian apologist Os Guinness asserts that when we look at evangelicalism today, we find the world and the spirit of the age are more dominant than the Word and Spirit of God. The church in the United States is strong numerically, but weak spiritually, because it is worldly. Churches in America are both in the world and of the world; and, as a result, is in a condition of profound cultural captivity.

Os Guinness is a strange apologist for the article writer to quote seeing as Guinness seemed sympathetic to Trump's ban on certain Muslim nations, and has previously stated that he believes that Europe, who condemns the US' policies on immigration, is only just now struggling with the issues that follow open borders that the US has had to contend with for 200 years, and has mostly gotten right.

15. Amen KingsGambit, Teallaura, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    That's gotta be bittersweet for him
    He's gotta feel vindicated that he was a "centrist", after all, but, yeah.... that his peeps have turned on him so.... that's just RACIST!!!
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.