Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: Nike is Anti-American

  1. #31
    tWebber tabibito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    DownUnder
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,958
    Amen (Given)
    202
    Amen (Received)
    856
    Mossy said it and seer seconded. So ... urrm seems appropriate for thirded it.
    1 Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω

  2. #32
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,732
    Amen (Given)
    2024
    Amen (Received)
    5559
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Yes?
    Why are you using a racist symbol for your avatar!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqgC1tqifV8

  3. #33
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    57,732
    Amen (Given)
    1201
    Amen (Received)
    21110
    Considering this recent kerfuffle I don't think arguing that Kaepernick's earlier protests had nothing to do with either the flag or national anthem is viable.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

  4. Amen seer amen'd this post.
  5. #34
    Technology Staff Leonhard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Denmark - Jutland
    Faith
    Catholic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,047
    Amen (Given)
    1049
    Amen (Received)
    3231
    I don't see what's racist about that flag. Its like the normal flag, but the stars are in a circle?

  6. #35
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60,556
    Amen (Given)
    13073
    Amen (Received)
    27643
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    I don't see what's racist about that flag. Its like the normal flag, but the stars are in a circle?
    It's a bunch of whacko weenies looking for yet another excuse to be offended.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

  7. Amen Sparko amen'd this post.
  8. #36
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52,714
    Amen (Given)
    5358
    Amen (Received)
    23272
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It's a bunch of whacko weenies looking for yet another excuse to be offended.
    eggzakly.

  9. #37
    Professor KingsGambit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Triangle
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,053
    Amen (Given)
    1823
    Amen (Received)
    4835
    There's a photo currently circulating of the Betsy Ross flag being on display at Obama's inauguration, which makes Kaepernick's objections all the weirder.

    As for the actual American Nazi Party thing, I get it if a symbol is so widely co-opted that almost anybody would make a different association. The swastika is an obvious example here. But if almost everybody has to go back to the history books to find out what the big deal is, it's not worth making a big deal over.

    (I still don't understand why people suddenly think it's okay to have the flag on shoes, though. I don't think it would have been considered okay when I was a kid. Not that I personally care; it's just weird.)
    Last edited by KingsGambit; 07-04-2019 at 06:02 PM.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

  10. #38
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60,556
    Amen (Given)
    13073
    Amen (Received)
    27643
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    There's a photo currently circulating of the Betsy Ross flag being on display at Obama's inauguration, which makes Kaepernick's objections all the weirder.

    As for the actual American Nazi Party thing, I get it if a symbol is so widely co-opted that almost anybody would make a different association. The swastika is an obvious example here. But if almost everybody has to go back to the history books to find out what the big deal is, it's not worth making a big deal over.

    (I still don't understand why people suddenly think it's okay to have the flag on shoes, though. I don't think it would have been considered okay when I was a kid. Not that I personally care; it's just weird.)
    Yeah, I remember when "flag swim suits" first came out, and flag shirts, and other flag items, and I thought that was a bit odd.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

  11. #39
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    57,732
    Amen (Given)
    1201
    Amen (Received)
    21110
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Considering this recent kerfuffle I don't think arguing that Kaepernick's earlier protests had nothing to do with either the flag or national anthem is viable.
    00000000000000ab000-00ae.jpg

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

  12. #40
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    673
    Amen (Given)
    57
    Amen (Received)
    534
    I'm still confused about why anyone should care about what Colin Kaepernick thinks about anything other than football. He has no training or experience that incline me to lend any sort of credibility to anything he says that doesn't relate to football.
    "We see unmistakably the sort of universe in which we have all along been living, and must come to terms with it. If we had foolish un-Christian hopes about human culture, they are now shattered. If we thought we were building up a heaven on earth, if we looked for something that would turn the present world from a place of pilgrimage into a permanent city satisfying the soul of man, we are disillusioned, and not a moment too soon." - C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory

  13. Amen alaskazimm, MaxVel, One Bad Pig, Sparko amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •