Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Nike is Anti-American

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mossy said it and seer seconded. So ... urrm seems appropriate for thirded it.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Yes?
      Why are you using a racist symbol for your avatar!
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Considering this recent kerfuffle I don't think arguing that Kaepernick's earlier protests had nothing to do with either the flag or national anthem is viable.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I don't see what's racist about that flag. Its like the normal flag, but the stars are in a circle?

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
            I don't see what's racist about that flag. Its like the normal flag, but the stars are in a circle?
            It's a bunch of whacko weenies looking for yet another excuse to be offended.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              It's a bunch of whacko weenies looking for yet another excuse to be offended.
              eggzakly.

Comment

There's a photo currently circulating of the Betsy Ross flag being on display at Obama's inauguration, which makes Kaepernick's objections all the weirder.

As for the actual American Nazi Party thing, I get it if a symbol is so widely co-opted that almost anybody would make a different association. The swastika is an obvious example here. But if almost everybody has to go back to the history books to find out what the big deal is, it's not worth making a big deal over.

(I still don't understand why people suddenly think it's okay to have the flag on shoes, though. I don't think it would have been considered okay when I was a kid. Not that I personally care; it's just weird.)
                Last edited by KingsGambit; 07-04-2019, 08:02 PM.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  There's a photo currently circulating of the Betsy Ross flag being on display at Obama's inauguration, which makes Kaepernick's objections all the weirder.

As for the actual American Nazi Party thing, I get it if a symbol is so widely co-opted that almost anybody would make a different association. The swastika is an obvious example here. But if almost everybody has to go back to the history books to find out what the big deal is, it's not worth making a big deal over.

(I still don't understand why people suddenly think it's okay to have the flag on shoes, though. I don't think it would have been considered okay when I was a kid. Not that I personally care; it's just weird.)
                  Yeah, I remember when "flag swim suits" first came out, and flag shirts, and other flag items, and I thought that was a bit odd.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Considering this recent kerfuffle I don't think arguing that Kaepernick's earlier protests had nothing to do with either the flag or national anthem is viable.
                    00000000000000ab000-00ae.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm still confused about why anyone should care about what Colin Kaepernick thinks about anything other than football. He has no training or experience that incline me to lend any sort of credibility to anything he says that doesn't relate to football.
                      "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
                        I'm still confused about why anyone should care about what Colin Kaepernick thinks about anything other than football. He has no training or experience that incline me to lend any sort of credibility to anything he says that doesn't relate to football.
                        It is along the same mentality that bring actors in before Congress to testify about this or that subject since they were in a movie concerning the issue and that now somehow qualifies them as an expert witness.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          It is along the same mentality that bring actors in before Congress to testify about this or that subject since they were in a movie concerning the issue and that now somehow qualifies them as an expert witness.
                          Oh, the depths of their banality...
                          "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment