Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just Needing to Vent

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We don't have many panhandlers in our town, but not too long ago we were in The Big City, waiting to turn left at a busy intersection. There were 2 driving lanes and 2 turning lanes, and we were in the right turning lane. Between the driving and turning lanes there is an island, and "limping" back and forth on the island, probably just a couple of feet from the cars in right turning and left driving lanes, was an older man.

He'd posted a cardboard sign on the signpost on the island, but I couldn't read it. I commented to my husband, "that poor man's foot is turned right over on its side! How can he even walk?" It appeared that he was actually walking on his outside ankle.

As we got closer, I could see that the only thing turned on its side was his sneaker. His foot inside was straight, and he was walking on the side of the sneaker. It was fairly obvious, so he probably needs a different scam.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

2. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Well a while back I saw a gang of homeless men dressed up like firemen and they were begging for money by holding out boots. They had even found a fire engine somewhere and had it parked on the side of the road! For Shame!!!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Where I live there are groups of professional beggars run by criminal gangs. One old chap I saw many times over a period of several months had a prominent ankle ulcer on display to elicit sympathy. Problem is, he could get that cleaned up and treated for well less than what he would make in an average day.

One of the local papers did a in-depth report on street beggars here, and some make enough money to buy houses and support two families. They should be giving money to me...
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...