Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Code Pink protests July 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Trump of July. I hope someone’s going to send him the bill.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      You'll have to excuse me, military parades just leaves something sour in the mouth of Europeans. Its a taste thing. I do hope it doesn't veer too much off into vulgar displays of power.

The US hasn’t been invaded and occupied by a foreign power in over 200 years, so the same memories don’t apply here. I’ve taken part in a few.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Pork prices going up.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
          You'll have to excuse me, military parades just leaves something sour in the mouth of Europeans. Its a taste thing. I do hope it doesn't veer too much off into vulgar displays of power.

That doesn't make sense. Denmark has a military parade (though they tend to be rather smaller affairs): http://royalcentral.co.uk/europe/den...enhagen-112087

France has a MASSIVE military parade on Bastille Day,

The Greeks have a pretty big one on their Independence Day,

Poland, Romania, and a number of other European counties also have pretty big parades with tanks, planes, helicopters, etc. Most other nations in Europe have at least some sort of military parade though they might be smaller affairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
            Poland, Romania, and a number of other European counties also have pretty big parades with tanks, planes, helicopters, etc. Most other nations in Europe have at least some sort of military parade though they might be smaller affairs.
            But they are not like real militaries...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
              That doesn't make sense. Denmark has a military parade (though they tend to be rather smaller affairs): http://royalcentral.co.uk/europe/den...enhagen-112087

France has a MASSIVE military parade on Bastille Day,

The Greeks have a pretty big one on their Independence Day,

00000000000000ab000-00a.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Apparently CNN provided a, what else, scathing review of the parade -- a full day before it took place.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment