Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Code Pink protests July 4

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    I worry that if Antifa shows up they are going to run into a lot of Patriots who won't back down.
    one can only hope.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    one can only hope.
    No, I want a peaceful 4th. There is one guy in my shop who may go down just for the rumble...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No, I want a peaceful 4th. There is one guy in my shop who may go down just for the rumble...
    As a Christian, I too want peace, but as a pragmatist I don't think Antifa is going to stop until they get a major smackdown and know there are consequences to their actions.

And they need to pass a federal law that prohibits wearing masks at civil demonstrations and protest gatherings.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    And they need to pass a federal law that prohibits wearing masks at civil demonstrations and protest gatherings.
    That would be a good start!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

5. Amen oxmixmudd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That would be a good start!
    I wouldn't be against that. Anonymity invites anarchism.

7. Amen seer, DesertBerean, One Bad Pig amen'd this post.
    Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Happy Trump of July. I hope someone’s going to send him the bill.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    You'll have to excuse me, military parades just leaves something sour in the mouth of Europeans. Its a taste thing. I do hope it doesn't veer too much off into vulgar displays of power.

The US hasn’t been invaded and occupied by a foreign power in over 200 years, so the same memories don’t apply here. I’ve taken part in a few.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Pork prices going up.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    You'll have to excuse me, military parades just leaves something sour in the mouth of Europeans. Its a taste thing. I do hope it doesn't veer too much off into vulgar displays of power.

That doesn't make sense. Denmark has a military parade (though they tend to be rather smaller affairs): http://royalcentral.co.uk/europe/den...enhagen-112087

France has a MASSIVE military parade on Bastille Day,

The Greeks have a pretty big one on their Independence Day,

Poland, Romania, and a number of other European counties also have pretty big parades with tanks, planes, helicopters, etc. Most other nations in Europe have at least some sort of military parade though they might be smaller affairs.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    Poland, Romania, and a number of other European counties also have pretty big parades with tanks, planes, helicopters, etc. Most other nations in Europe have at least some sort of military parade though they might be smaller affairs.
    But they are not like real militaries...

13. Amen Sparko amen'd this post.