Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Conservative answer to Global Warming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Psst! We're trying NOT to further derail the thread.
    OOoooops... you're correctomundo!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      Psst! We're trying NOT to further derail the thread.
      hmm, I thought that was in scope - neither party seems truly capable of dealing with it? Republicans can't because their power/money base will not accept it even if true? Democrats can't because their solutions will wreck civilization? I guess I don't really understand what he's looking for then.

jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
        So barring this I just don't see how Conservatives could even deal with a world where Global Warming was happening.

What do you guys think? Can the only political response to Global Warming by Conservatives in the US be to deny it?
        I simply want to see ---

A) What can realistically be done
        2) What guaranty is there that A) will actually do anything measurable

Simple cost/benefit analysis.

What I see are tremendous threats of cataclysmic events on the horizon, but we've seen these threats before, and they've failed to materialize.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to do what I can in my power to be more green, both at home and at work.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          I dont think its quite that simple. They might care, but to be repulican thay cant say so or they must be very careful what they say about it because the power base of tge republican party is firmly aligned with/duped by anti-AGW pseudo science.

I do think wonder if either political party is capable of finding workable solutions to the problem. The extremism that is often found on the left when it comes to environmental issues is often no better than the environmentally abusive mindset often found in big business.
          True, but, if by "the power base" you mean the base constituency, that base is following their political leaders and their corporate backers, not the actual science of climate change. So, why are the conservatives feigning deniability, pretending it's a hoax, and lying to their constituents? Money and power! The democrat party does have solutions, such as the Paris accords which took a democratic President to pull together and a republican one to tear down. It doesn't matter what solutions are presented, the conservatives will shoot them down. It's hard to argue that the left has been too extreme when the science indicates that we are running out of time. The problem as usual is money, power and greed, not to mention the stupidity of the people who are so thoughtlessly led by those who have it.
          Last edited by JimL; 07-09-2019, 07:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            The problem as usual is money, power and greed, not to mention the stupidity of the people who are so thoughtlessly led by those who have it.
            That almost reads like a self-confession, Jimmy.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              True, but, if by "the power base" you mean the base constituency, that base is following their political leaders and their corporate backers, not the actual science of climate change. So, why are the conservatives feigning deniability, pretending it's a hoax, and lying to their constituents? Money and power! The democrat party does have solutions, such as the Paris accords which took a democratic President to pull together and a republican one to tear down. It doesn't matter what solutions are presented, the conservatives will shoot them down. It's hard to argue that the left has been too extreme when the science indicates that we are running out of time. The problem as usual is money, power and greed, not to mention the stupidity of the people who are so thoughtlessly led by those who have it.
              You are correct in that the problems on the left are emotional over-reaction and to a certain extent fiscal irresponsibility, while the problem on the right is science denial and putting immediate corporate profit interests above the long term good of our civilization.

Jim
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Moderator Notice

ok folks no more derailing this thread with whether or not there is such a thing as Global warning or whether the left or right is wrong about the cause. get back to what the OP wanted. any more off topic post will be deleted or moved.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Psychotherapy Room unless told otherwise.

Comment