Thread: HBO's Chernobyl miniseries

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

HBO's Chernobyl miniseries

How many have watched this 5-episode miniseries? It was absolutely amazing, with only a couple of technical details off about the events. It really managed to capture the look and feel of East Germany, and other than compressing some events and rearranging the timeline slightly for effect, it stayed faithful to the witness descriptions of what happened.

Everything was done beautifully, from the acting to the story writing, the pacing was on note, the music was perfectly fitting. I watched it all in one sitting.

I highly recommend it.

2. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    How many have watched this 5-episode miniseries? It was absolutely amazing, with only a couple of technical details off about the events. It really managed to capture the look and feel of East Germany, and other than compressing some events and rearranging the timeline slightly for effect, it stayed faithful to the witness descriptions of what happened.

Everything was done beautifully, from the acting to the story writing, the pacing was on note, the music was perfectly fitting. I watched it all in one sitting.

I highly recommend it.

I haven't seen it but a couple guys at work are raving about how good it is.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

4. Amen Leonhard amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    I haven't seen it but a couple guys at work are raving about how good it is.
    There are things I could criticize it for, mostly because I'm pro-nuclear, but I won't let that get in the way of me giving it a high rating. Its just very well done.

I've considered visting Pribyat city many times. Its a twenty hour drive from where I am sitting.