Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CNN Ratings Collapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Already did. Rachel Maddow beat out Sean Hannity.
    Sure she did -- in ONE segment? No wonder you never post cites.

You all believe Maddow is as bad if not worse than you believe CNN is.
    I don't. She's fun to watch. Like a wanna-be-journalist on speed. And those little crying fits....

So what happened? Who knows why CNN is lagging, they're probably losing their viewers to MSNBC, not conservative news.

You are absolutely precious.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      And that's the real sad part...(emphasis mine, above). Over 32 million registered Republicans, and this man was the best the party could do?
      Hillary was the best the Democrats could do? THAT, sir, is why Trump is in the Oval.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Considering that the Dems ran Hillary Clinton who was supposed to handily beat him - but didn't?
        With a minority popular vote and the help of a foriegn adversary. Not to mention the continued republican tactic of repressing the democrat vote. It appears the republican party no longer cares for democracy and will do whatever it takes to upend it. All I can say is be careful what you wish for.

Comment

With a minority popular vote
          When are you going to figure out that the popular vote is not how elections are won, and it's not how candidates plan?

and the help of a foriegn adversary.
          You need to get the updated version of IdiotTalkingPointsForLiberals ---- your smarter colleagues have long since abandoned that lie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            Winning means more people in more states thought he was the better choice of the two.
            Nope, it means that the electoral college is a joke and winning three states by a few thousands votes apiece trumps the majority vote in the country of three million.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              All things considered, Trump has been a pretty good president.
              You'd say the same of his buddy Putin, I'm sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                Not the best, but certainly the most likely to win. I think even those party members who dislike him would rather have someone they know will win rather than risk it all.
                Electing Trump was risking it all!

Comment

Nope, it means that the electoral college is a joke and winning three states by a few thousands votes apiece trumps the majority vote in the country of three million.
                  Jim, that's TOTALLY beside the point - everybody who runs a presidential campaign knows they need to gear their campaign for electoral college votes -- until that changes, it's just birdbrained stupid to keep citing "popular vote".

Comment

Electing Trump was risking it all!
                    And it paid off.

Hillary is not POTUS
                    SCOTUS is not Hillary's

And the result is a lot of dummies crying about "but the POPULAR VOTE....."

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      When are you going to figure out that the popular vote is not how elections are won, and it's not how candidates plan?

You need to get the updated version of IdiotTalkingPointsForLiberals ---- your smarter colleagues have long since abandoned that lie.
                      Not only that but Mueller was recently slapped down by a judge for claiming that the Kremlin was behind the anemic social media campaign when he had failed to establish any connection whatsoever, and he's prohibited from saying it in future, which seems to have monkeyed up the Democrat plans for Mueller's testimony.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        -- until that changes
                        The Interstate Compact is 72% of the way there...

It would be nice to be able to cast a meaningful vote for president for once.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Not only that but Mueller was recently slapped down by a judge for claiming that the Kremlin was behind the anemic social media campaign when he had failed to establish any connection whatsoever, and he's prohibited from saying it in future, which seems to have monkeyed up the Democrat plans for Mueller's testimony.
                          But, but, but.... Trump didn't punch Putin in the face last time they were together!

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

In the meantime, it's just downright goofy to keep whining about "the popular vote", when both sides know how the current system operates.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                              "How could my baseball team have lost when we got 20 hits, and the other team only scored 5 runs!"

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

The interstate compact is a goofy way of overriding the will of the voters in individual states. I'm baffled how many people are going along with it.

Comment