Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CNN Ratings Collapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    The popular vote only matters in state. Clinton ignored Wisconsin all by herself, knowing full well how the College works.
    In her arrogance she really thought it was "Her Turn," that she was owed the presidency, and decisions like that were the result.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      He doesnt have to say it. 8 of our intelligence communities said it long before his report was created.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-comments.html
      And nobody, including Mueller, has been able to produce the proverbial smoking gun with Russia's fingerprints on it. The fact that Mueller is explicitly barred from claiming so is highly significant.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Keep up with the news, Jimmy.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...Mueller-report

Mueller is banned by judicial order from claiming that he established that the Russian government was involved in a social media campaign.
        What are you talking about? Mueller has already claimed, and it is in his report, that the Russian government interfered, and that their interference was widespread and systematic. The U.S Intelligence agencies have also come to the same conclusion. It's not just Concord, MM.
        Last edited by JimL; 07-14-2019, 07:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          What are you talking about? Mueller has already claimed, and it is in his report, that the Russian government interfered, and that their interference was widespread and systematic. The U.S Intelligence agencies have also come to the same conclusion. It's not just Concord, MM.
          Meanwhile, back on topic, CNN's ratings continue to fall after 2 years of hyping collusion.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            Yes, and Mueller's case is full of massive holes.

* The report uses qualified and vague language to describe key events, indicating that Mueller and his investigators do not actually know for certain whether Russian intelligence officers stole Democratic Party emails, or how those emails were transferred to WikiLeaks.
            * The report's timeline of events appears to defy logic. According to its narrative, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange announced the publication of Democratic Party emails not only before he received the documents but before he even communicated with the source that provided them.
            * There is strong reason to doubt Mueller’s suggestion that an alleged Russian cutout called Guccifer 2.0 supplied the stolen emails to Assange.
            * Mueller’s decision not to interview Assange – a central figure who claims Russia was not behind the hack – suggests an unwillingness to explore avenues of evidence on fundamental questions.
            * U.S. intelligence officials cannot make definitive conclusions about the hacking of the Democratic National Committee computer servers because they did not analyze those servers themselves. Instead, they relied on the forensics of CrowdStrike, a private contractor for the DNC that was not a neutral party, much as “Russian dossier” compiler Christopher Steele, also a DNC contractor, was not a neutral party. This puts two Democrat-hired contractors squarely behind underlying allegations in the affair – a key circumstance that Mueller ignores.
            * Further, the government allowed CrowdStrike and the Democratic Party's legal counsel to submit redacted records, meaning CrowdStrike and not the government decided what could be revealed or not regarding evidence of hacking.
            * Mueller’s report conspicuously does not allege that the Russian government carried out the social media campaign. Instead it blames, as Mueller said in his closing remarks, "a private Russian entity" known as the Internet Research Agency (IRA).
            * Mueller also falls far short of proving that the Russian social campaign was sophisticated, or even more than minimally related to the 2016 election. As with the collusion and Russian hacking allegations, Democratic officials had a central and overlooked hand in generating the alarm about Russian social media activity.
            * John Brennan, then director of the CIA, played a seminal and overlooked role in all facets of what became Mueller’s investigation: the suspicions that triggered the initial collusion probe; the allegations of Russian interference; and the intelligence assessment that purported to validate the interference allegations that Brennan himself helped generate. Yet Brennan has since revealed himself to be, like CrowdStrike and Steele, hardly a neutral party -- in fact a partisan with a deep animus toward Trump.

https://www.realclearinvestigations....ng_claims.html

Comment

Yes, and Mueller's case is full of massive holes.

* The report uses qualified and vague language to describe key events, indicating that Mueller and his investigators do not actually know for certain whether Russian intelligence officers stole Democratic Party emails, or how those emails were transferred to WikiLeaks.
              * The report's timeline of events appears to defy logic. According to its narrative, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange announced the publication of Democratic Party emails not only before he received the documents but before he even communicated with the source that provided them.
              * There is strong reason to doubt Mueller’s suggestion that an alleged Russian cutout called Guccifer 2.0 supplied the stolen emails to Assange.
              * Mueller’s decision not to interview Assange – a central figure who claims Russia was not behind the hack – suggests an unwillingness to explore avenues of evidence on fundamental questions.
              * U.S. intelligence officials cannot make definitive conclusions about the hacking of the Democratic National Committee computer servers because they did not analyze those servers themselves. Instead, they relied on the forensics of CrowdStrike, a private contractor for the DNC that was not a neutral party, much as “Russian dossier” compiler Christopher Steele, also a DNC contractor, was not a neutral party. This puts two Democrat-hired contractors squarely behind underlying allegations in the affair – a key circumstance that Mueller ignores.
              * Further, the government allowed CrowdStrike and the Democratic Party's legal counsel to submit redacted records, meaning CrowdStrike and not the government decided what could be revealed or not regarding evidence of hacking.
              * Mueller’s report conspicuously does not allege that the Russian government carried out the social media campaign. Instead it blames, as Mueller said in his closing remarks, "a private Russian entity" known as the Internet Research Agency (IRA).
              * Mueller also falls far short of proving that the Russian social campaign was sophisticated, or even more than minimally related to the 2016 election. As with the collusion and Russian hacking allegations, Democratic officials had a central and overlooked hand in generating the alarm about Russian social media activity.
              * John Brennan, then director of the CIA, played a seminal and overlooked role in all facets of what became Mueller’s investigation: the suspicions that triggered the initial collusion probe; the allegations of Russian interference; and the intelligence assessment that purported to validate the interference allegations that Brennan himself helped generate. Yet Brennan has since revealed himself to be, like CrowdStrike and Steele, hardly a neutral party -- in fact a partisan with a deep animus toward Trump.

https://www.realclearinvestigations....ng_claims.html
              Well, something is full of holes alright, but it isn't the intel agencies assessment of Russian activity or the Mueller report.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                Well, something is full of holes alright...
                That would be your head.

Comment

That would be your head.
                  If you are looking in the mirror, that would be correct, MM.

Comment

And nobody, including Mueller, has been able to produce the proverbial smoking gun with Russia's fingerprints on it. The fact that Mueller is explicitly barred from claiming so is highly significant.
                    Not in this over politicized environment where Trump and his supporters are engaged in an active disinformation campaign to dismiss or suppress the evidence of Russian involgement in the 2016 election - as evidenced by the fact that the professional assessments of multiple intelligence agencies are mocked or ignored.

Jim
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Not in this over politicized environment where Trump and his supporters are engaged in an active disinformation campaign to dismiss or suppress the evidence of Russian involgement in the 2016 election - as evidenced by the fact that the professional assessments of multiple intelligence agencies are mocked or ignored.

Jim
                      You're right, the judge who nearly held Mueller in contempt for falsely claiming that he had established that Russia was behind the social media campaign, and barred him from making that claim in the future, is obviously a Putin plant. It's the only logical explanation.

Comment

Not in this over politicized environment ...

Jim
                        And the left is going completely off the rails. This works both ways.
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

You're right, the judge who nearly held Mueller in contempt for falsely claiming that he had established that Russia was behind the social media campaign, and barred him from making that claim in the future, is obviously a Putin plant. It's the only logical explanation.
                          And the intelligence operatives making the professional assessments of russian involvement must be blinded by their intense hatred of Trump or fierce loyalty to Obama?

Jim
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

And the intelligence operatives making the professional assessments of russian involvement must be blinded by their intense hatred of Trump or fierce loyalty to Obama?

Jim
                            Considering we have seen zero definitive evidence of Russian involvement (Mueller's report is REALLY sketchy on that point), it's hard to say exactly what was motivating them.

Comment

Considering we have seen zero definitive evidence of Russian involvement (Mueller's report is REALLY sketchy on that point), it's hard to say exactly what was motivating them.
                              They are professionals dedicated to protecting the us from hostile forces. They are also experts in their fields. What motivates them is getting it right and discovering things purposefully hidden by hostile entities that are a danger to our way of life.

Jim

Comment

• I appreciate your native optimism.

Comment