Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: CNN Ratings Collapse

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I pocke this post at random to offer this update. I had said earlier that I would bet there weee a lot of memos like the one the UK ambassador sent. That has been confirmed in a photo op with other ambassadors shiwing sokidarity with tgeir UK counterpart.

Source: CNN

Diplomats from around the world told CNN the image didn't just symbolize solidarity, it also reflected the fact that most embassies have written cables very similar to the private messages -- leaked in an act of political sabotage -- that Darroch had sent to London describing the President and his administration as inept, insecure and incompetent.

© Copyright Original Source

That probkem is that the memo represents the assassment of the world, not a petty outburst by this ambassador.

Jim
    I think my mind broke a little reading this post.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    I think my mind broke a little reading this post.
    What do you mean?
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That stark reality is that the memo represents the assessment of the world, not a petty outburst by this ambassador.

Jim
    Sad but true.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    What do you mean?
    Oh, looks like he edited the post I replied to. The original was barely comprehensible. Must have been in a rush, or typing on a phone without spellcheck or something.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    Until the Trump White House and the "fake news" mantra, "sources say" was a common journalism tool fairly readily accepted.
    Yes, and over the past several years, the mainstream media has abused the hell out of the tradition of "anonymous" sourcing to tell flat out lies, so it is reasonable, I think, to hesitate to trust any story that doesn't name names.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Yes, and over the past several years, the mainstream media has abused the hell out of the tradition of "anonymous" sourcing to tell flat out lies, so it is reasonable, I think, to hesitate to trust any story that doesn't name names.
    Again - I would be interested in citations for these "flatout lies." I must have missed them.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I picked this post at random to offer this update. I had said earlier that I would bet there were a lot of memos like the one the UK ambassador sent. That has been confirmed in a photo op with other ambassadors from our allies showing solidarity with their UK counterpart.

Source: CNN

Diplomats from around the world told CNN the image didn't just symbolize solidarity, it also reflected the fact that most embassies have written cables very similar to the private messages -- leaked in an act of political sabotage -- that Darroch had sent to London describing the President and his administration as inept, insecure and incompetent.

© Copyright Original Source

That stark reality is that the memo represents the assessment of the world, not a petty outburst by this ambassador.

Jim
    Right... you're far too gullible for your own good.

First of all, "Diplomats from around the world told CNN..."

OK, but which diplomats? Let's continue reading the story:

"...a European official familiar with Washington..."
    "...one embassy official..."
    "One person familiar with the situation..."
    "Several diplomats..."
    "...one current ambassador in Washington..."

Yep, looks like more "sources say" BS to me.

Even if we give them the benefit of the doubt that they really did talk to real people, it looks like they only interviewed at most five people (if we're being generous) who support the narrative they wanted to tell and ran with it. There is hardly room in the story to fit in your sweeping generalization that Darroch's petty little screed necessarily reflects the sentiments of the world.

8. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Again - I would be interested in citations for these "flatout lies." I must have missed them.
    You must have.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    They did provide a few examples and it is not surprising that such examples exist. The hard part is to justify the general conclusion that all those uses are "fake news". I don't assume all people are lying all the time though some people certainly lie sometimes. The hard part is knowing when and how.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Right... you're far too gullible for your own good.

First of all, "Diplomats from around the world told CNN..."

OK, but which diplomats? Let's continue reading the story:

"...a European official familiar with Washington..."
    "...one embassy official..."
    "One person familiar with the situation..."
    "Several diplomats..."
    "...one current ambassador in Washington..."

Yep, looks like more "sources say" BS to me.

Even if we give them the benefit of the doubt that they really did talk to real people, it looks like they only interviewed at most five people (if we're being generous) who support the narrative they wanted to tell and ran with it. There is hardly room in the story to fit in your sweeping generalization that Darroch's petty little screed necessarily reflects the sentiments of the world.
    Denial is a comfortable place I suppose.

Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"