Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CNN Ratings Collapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Jimmy, honey, there's NEWS and there's COMMENTARY -- many of Fox News segments are COMMENTARY, and don't pretend to be NEWS, like CNN does.

Dum Dum DUM!!!!
    And the news segments on Fox are anchored by folks who are pretty anti-Trump like Chris Wallace and to a far greater degree Shepard Smith.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      There is no network that is more biased than FOX NEWS, CP. But Fox is not only biased, like their new hero, Trump, they are blatant liars as well. Apparently extreme bias is not something that concerns you.
      If you want to LEARN to hate President Trump, watch CNN and MSNBC. I found this out while on vacation because that was the only two news programs available on my TV. No matter what time of the day I tuned in I found anti-Trump bias.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
        If you want to LEARN to hate President Trump, watch CNN and MSNBC. I found this out while on vacation because that was the only two news programs available on my TV. No matter what time of the day I tuned in I found anti-Trump bias.
        I would guess it was partly bias and partly that you discovered Trump was doing things fox news just doesnt talk about. If you try to keep up with all of them plus a few newspapers, it gets a lot clearer what is the bias and what is news.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

CNN Has Double-Digit Monthly Ratings Loss in Primetime … Again

Somebody at CNN should say, "Hey, let's start doing REAL NEWS".

If it weren’t for bad luck, CNN would have no luck at all -- especially when it comes to ratings during the network’s vitally important primetime schedule.

In May, the channel lost 16 percent of its weekday evening audience from the previous month, falling to just 761,000 viewers and winding up dead last among such cable networks as liberal rival MSNBC and the dominant Fox News Channel.

There are many answers to this sad state of affairs for the once-proud network with one example being an visit to NewsBusters for the outrageous bias spewed on CNN daily. But for Nolte, his answer was that the channel has list “all of its moral authority and every bit of trust it once had.”

Nolte noted that during the past six years, from “as soon as Jeff Zucker took over [as president], CNN got every major national story exactly wrong.”

To prove his point, he described each important news story during that time as reported by that network, including the following (links added to NewsBusters articles on the topic):
          • “Hispanic George Zimmerman: The White Racist Killer”
          • “Hands Up, Don’t Shoot”
          • “Trump Can’t Win.”
          • “Brett Kavanaugh: Serial Rapist,”
          • “The KKKids from KKKovington High School”
          • “Trump Colluded With Russia.”

“And in every one of those cases,” he continued, “CNN got it deliberately wrong” because the liberal network “is nothing less than a hysterical propaganda outlet, a fire hose of hate, violence and lies” and thus has crashed and burned “in every possible metric -- including integrity, decency, honesty and humanity.”

While noting that the channel “is only competing with two other cable news networks, the fake news outlet’s top-rated program, Cuomo Prime Time, crash-landed in 25th place, averaging only 938,000 viewers" with Chris Cuomo as host.

He added: “The top 24 slots are all filled with shows from Fox News and MSNBC -- and Fox holds seven of the top ten” in part because the FNC “earned three times as many primetime viewers (2.34 million) and more than twice as many total day viewers (1.34 million).”

Nolte stated that The Lead host Jake Tapper was “the guy Zucker put at 4 p.m. hoping he’d act as a primetime anchor as a lead-in for the rest of the night.”

I wonder what CNN's ratings would be if they weren't on all the TVs at Airports and many hotels.

The last time I saw CNN was when I passed by it playing on a TV in a public place. I’m sure Jimmy and a handful of others would be the only people that deliberately watch them.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            I would guess it was partly bias and partly that you discovered Trump was doing things fox news just doesnt talk about. If you try to keep up with all of them plus a few newspapers, it gets a lot clearer what is the bias and what is news.

Jim
            Fox news airs what CNN and MSNBC are saying; then the panel discusses it and Fox has Juan Williams agreeing with the Democrats and I read CBS and NBC online.

Comment

Fox news airs what CNN and MSNBC are saying; then the panel discusses it and Fox has Juan Williams agreeing with the Democrats and I read CBS and NBC online.
              ox thinks that anybody who doesn't actively hate Trump is either ignorant or evil.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                ox thinks that anybody who doesn't actively hate Trump is either ignorant or evil.
                Anyone who doesn't hate what Trump is doing, is either ignorant or treasonous!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Sounds like something Hillary Clinton would say. "Basket of deplorabels."

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    Anyone who doesn't hate what Trump is doing, is either ignorant or treasonous!
                    Such as?

Comment

My "biased link"? Jimmy, the whole problem with CNN's numbers IS its bias! The only thing that's changed of late it that CNN has become even MORE biased.
                      Forget it CP NPC JimL is not programmed to believe anything else but what CNN spouts off his leftist programmers hardcoded into him what to think not how to think.

Comment

Yep like all leftist NPCs JimL can only repeat what his leftist programmers coded into him he is hardcoded not to think for himself.

Comment

Meh. Fox news airs what cnn says that they think they can make fun of (and inversely cnn airs what fox says that they think they can make fun of) to really get at what's going on requires reading multiple sources, preferably several print media as well.

Jim
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post

The last time I saw CNN was when I passed by it playing on a TV in a public place. I’m sure Jimmy and a handful of others would be the only people that deliberately watch them.
                            I make a point of watch both CNN and MSNBC so I can hear from myself from the horse's mouth[1] what liberals are saying rather rely on others to tell me what they're saying.

1. In this case it might be from the other end

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Don't forget that they're irredeemably deplorable and after the election she double downed saying while in Mumbai that they're stupid to boot. It's amazing how with an attitude like that she didn't win by a landslide sweeping 40 to 45 states

Comment

I wonder what CNN's ratings would be if they weren't on all the TVs at Airports and many hotels.
                                I expect exactly the same, as I believe those don't get counted towards the ratings.

Comment