Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 471

Thread: CNN Ratings Collapse

  1. #461
    tWebber Teallaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In my house.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    14,018
    Amen (Given)
    7718
    Amen (Received)
    5198
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    As with CP, this seems to be descending into personal attacks, so I'll leave the last word to you.
    Word!

  2. Amen Adrift amen'd this post.
  3. #462
    tWebber Teallaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In my house.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    14,018
    Amen (Given)
    7718
    Amen (Received)
    5198

  4. #463
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,078
    Amen (Given)
    4878
    Amen (Received)
    21746
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    Yeah - the article from a perfectly neutral source (said with some irony). Sorry, Sparko - this is just not a conspiracy theory bandwagon I am going to jump on. If you wish to, so be it. But at least you folks answered my original question. As it turns out, I didn't miss anything after all.
    wow carp. You can SEE the photos, right? How reporters took a handful of protestors and turned them into a crowd for their story by staging and cropping the photos just right?

    Your denial in the face of indisputable evidence shows how biased you are in regards to this. You can wave away photographic evidence as a "conspiracy theory bandwagon"

  5. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  6. #464
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,504
    Amen (Given)
    11613
    Amen (Received)
    24830
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    wow carp. You can SEE the photos, right? How reporters took a handful of protestors and turned them into a crowd for their story by staging and cropping the photos just right?

    Your denial in the face of indisputable evidence shows how biased you are in regards to this. You can wave away photographic evidence as a "conspiracy theory bandwagon"
    How could bystanders NOT think - hey, they're helping us out, let ME get into that shot! CNN was clearly aiding and abetting the protesters.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  7. #465
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,439
    Amen (Given)
    5554
    Amen (Received)
    5759
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    How could bystanders NOT think - hey, they're helping us out, let ME get into that shot! CNN was clearly aiding and abetting the protesters.
    Of course they were. Any local news crew would probably have been fired if the news director caught them pulling the same stunt.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  8. #466
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,078
    Amen (Given)
    4878
    Amen (Received)
    21746
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    THAT would be an example of inappropriate "staging" of the news.

    Meanwhile - this is a prime example of an exchange in which it is unlikely that views (on either side) are going to be changed. I believe I have the facts on my side and that the right is blowing a non-issue all out of proportion to support their "fake news" narrative. You believe I am ignoring an obvious example of "fake news" and "handwaving it away." History suggests no amount of discussion will change this dynamic, so I'll leave the last word to y'all.
    Considering how many times you say that, why do you bother having a discussion with us in the first place? Unless you win the debate, you just run away while accusing us of being unreasonable and can "have the last word"

    My suggestion, especially in regards to me, is to please ignore our (my) posts and don't bother getting into a debate with us (me) at all. It will save both of us a lot of wasted effort.

  9. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  10. #467
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,439
    Amen (Given)
    5554
    Amen (Received)
    5759
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Considering how many times you say that, why do you bother having a discussion with us in the first place? Unless you win the debate, you just run away while accusing us of being unreasonable and can "have the last word"

    My suggestion, especially in regards to me, is to please ignore our (my) posts and don't bother getting into a debate with us (me) at all. It will save both of us a lot of wasted effort.
    His "last word" routine always leaves the impression that he he is unable to defend his arguments, or he doesn't consider them worth defending.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  11. #468
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,078
    Amen (Given)
    4878
    Amen (Received)
    21746
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    His "last word" routine always leaves the impression that he he is unable to defend his arguments, or he doesn't consider them worth defending.
    I thought I would just save him a step and have the last word first.

  12. #469
    tWebber firstfloor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    invalid value
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,961
    Amen (Given)
    17
    Amen (Received)
    359
    Putin not only won the election, he won the investigation too.
    RUSSIA 2 - 0 USA

    So far, at least.

    Mueller dramatisations are available.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

  13. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
  14. #470
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,504
    Amen (Given)
    11613
    Amen (Received)
    24830
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    Putin not only won the election, he won the investigation too.
    RUSSIA 2 - 0 USA

    So far, at least.

    Mueller dramatisations are available.
    The only dramatization here is yours, your majesty.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •