Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: CNN Ratings Collapse

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Whether true or not that has nothing to do with the analogy I gave. The "action" in the analogy doesn't matter, except that it is something people are up in arms about and not the leak that exposed it. You are just trying to pick apart the analogy because you don't want to admit you are wrong in your debate with Teal. But regardless of whether he was "doing his job" - the fact remains that his words are what is the actual controversy, not the leak, and if he had worded his reports better, there would be no controversy even if they had been leaked. If they had leaked that Hillary was using a government server and following protocol would there have been any controversy? People would just shrug and say "good for her"
    So what if Trump is up in arms about it, it wasn't meant for his ears, it was a foreign ambassadors assessment of him and his administration. Again, that's his job. He's resigning due to the leak. He obviously can't work with this administration any longer, they knowing his assessment of them. It's his job to give his honest assessment of the administration, and of Trump, to his government just as U.S ambassadors all over the world do for this government. And that is what he did, he did his job. Someone in his government leaked it, and so he lost that position. That's all there is to it. Great assessment though!

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    That's debatable. He showed himself to be petty and small-minded and incapable of sharing the world stage with adults.
    It is silly to discuss this aspect further. Ive explained why i would not pin this on the ambassador. You disagree and have explained why. Neither of us can convince the other.

That is as far as this can go.

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-10-2019 at 09:30 AM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

3. Amen Sparko amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    Great assessment though!
    Not so much. It was clearly written by someone who allowed his petty personal differences to get in the way of his professional objectivity. The memo had s very juvenile "Dear Diary" vibe to it. If that's the quality of work he has been producing throughout his career then I'm a little surprised he wasn't fired long before this.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Darroch resigns.

"Although my posting is not due to end until the end of this year, I believe in the current circumstances the responsible course is to allow the appointment of a new ambassador."

The leak was described as "malicious" by head of the diplomatic service Sir Simon McDonald, who told Sir Kim: "You are the best of us."

He told the Commons' foreign affairs committee it was the first time in his career that a head of state had refused to work with a British ambassador.
    Boris and Trump deserve each other.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I see, so it's everybody else's fault but the guy who actually wrote the memo. Got it.
    Correct, well done.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations 1961
    Trump, Boris, the leaker and even the press at odds with this essential treaty.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    Correct, well done.
    I used to like my steaks that way, but I'm finding them to be more flavorful in the medium doneness range.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I used to like my steaks that way, but I'm finding them to be more flavorful in the medium doneness range.
    So do I. A nice thick fillet steak is a rare and wonderful treat hereabouts.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Medium rare is the best.

When I was young I didn't like steak. It was nothing but a flavorless, shoe-leather tough slab of meat that left me with tired jaws from never-ending chewing. That was because Mom insisted on cooking steaks well done and then letting them cook another 5 or ten minutes just to be sure.

When I got older I discovered just how good a medium rare Ribeye is

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

11. Amen Teallaura, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    So do I. A nice thick fillet steak is a rare and wonderful treat hereabouts.
    Well, I'm not into the rare steaks, I'm more a fan of medium -- but those medium steaks shouldn't be so rare, especially on a Texas grill!
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.