Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 471

Thread: CNN Ratings Collapse

  1. #101
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,304
    Amen (Given)
    1179
    Amen (Received)
    20659
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Rogue, you hacked his account and typed that just to prove your point, didn't you?
    After all this time you still don't have faith in little jimmy coming along and saying something that would make a mushroom look wise and learned in comparison?

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  2. #102
    tWebber firstfloor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    invalid value
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,765
    Amen (Given)
    23
    Amen (Received)
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    So, none of those leftist socialists should ever be allowed to defeat Trump in an election. Got it!
    You are not even close to getting it, not yet, but I think you have potential. I will persevere.

    What I think right now is that, through some kind of malign design, Donald Trump has divined, has figured out what are the essential pillars of U.S. global power that have sustained Washington’s hegemony for the past 70 years and he seems to be setting out to demolish each one of those pillars one by one. He’s weakened the NATO alliance; he’s weakened our alliances with Asian allies along the Pacific littoral. He’s proposing to cut back on the scientific research which has given the United States — its military industrial complex — a cutting edge, a leading edge in critical new weapons systems since the early years of the Cold War. And he’s withdrawing the United States, almost willfully, from its international leadership, most spectacularly with the Paris Climate Accord but also very importantly with the Trans-Pacific Partnership.

    And he seems to be setting out to systematically demolish U.S. global hegemony. Now, it’s important to realize that the United States is no longer the pre-eminent global power we were, let’s say at the end of Eisenhower’s presidency, back in 1960. Our share of the global economy has declined substantially. We’re about to be eclipsed by 2030, by China, and become the world’s number two economic power. China’s making some breakthroughs in military technology. The world system is spreading its wealth and there are a number of second tier powers, the rise of the European Union, et cetera. It’s a more complex world, so the United States can no longer dictate to the world, or at least much of the world, like we could back in the 1950s.
    - historian Alfred McCoy.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

  3. #103
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60,424
    Amen (Given)
    13032
    Amen (Received)
    27576
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    You are not even close to getting it, not yet, but I think you have potential. I will persevere.
    And I will continue to be entertained.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  4. #104
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20,074
    Amen (Given)
    6106
    Amen (Received)
    7482
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtfloor View Post
    You are not even close to getting it, not yet, but I think you have potential. I will persevere.

    - historian Alfred McCoy.
    "So a history degree really is worthless, Mr. McCoy?"

    "Sorry, son. I suggest you take up basket weaving instead."
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  5. #105
    tWebber firstfloor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    invalid value
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,765
    Amen (Given)
    23
    Amen (Received)
    450
    Once he started, Trump hammered at the investigation’s legitimacy incessantly. (In total, he’s tweeted 181 times that the probe was a “witch hunt.”)
    Conservatives are impressed by repetition.

    “On a wide range of issues–whether it’s the economy, whether it’s national security–you’re going to have critics fairly or unfairly criticizing the President,” Shah says. “And he’s going to be able to say on the biggest, most prominent issue, they were dead wrong, I was dead right, you should believe me. And I think that’s going to sell.”
    It will sell particularly well to Conservatives – their gullibility is legendary.

    Few said the report was likely to alter their opinion of the President. Which appears to be the case for many Americans: In a national Fox News poll conducted the week before the report’s release, 70% said there was no chance or only a small chance the report would change their views. A poll by Morning Consult and Politico conducted in the two days following the release of Barr’s summary found the President’s support was essentially unchanged from a week earlier.
    Most people don’t have the ability or interest to process Mueller’s findings.

    Hours after Barr revealed Mueller’s findings, Trump and his top aides watched television news coverage in his office on Air Force One. Soon they began to stew. “The mood fluctuated from happiness to righteous anger,” recalls Gidley. “There was a lot of relief, but there were definitely a lot of questions.”
    They didn't tell you that bit.

    Trump campaign officials believe the end of the investigation creates an opening with independent voters. Yet so far Trump has focused more on exacting vengeance against Democrats and the media than on any attempt at reconciliation.
    Because he has nasty authoritarian tendencies.

    For Democrats, the silver lining in the Mueller outcome may be that they can now zero in on issues like lowering health care costs. Within a day of Barr releasing his summary of the Mueller report, the Trump Administration handed Democrats an apparent political gift, telling the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit in New Orleans that it supports the complete invalidation of the Affordable Care Act.
    Trump lied when he said he was for ordinary Americans.

    Until about 1980, wages rose with productivity. The American dream is dead. But it need not be this way. There is a direct link between the ballot box and the bread box. The revolution is overdue and it has to come from the left.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

  6. #106
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,282
    Amen (Given)
    499
    Amen (Received)
    1836
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    "So a history degree really is worthless, Mr. McCoy?"

    "Sorry, son. I suggest you take up basket weaving instead."
    Ignoring McCoy's conclusion Trump is purposefully causing the elements he lists to happen with a goal to undermining the US's position in the world, what elements of supporting evidence in McCoy's quote do you believe are incorrect?

    Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  7. #107
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20,074
    Amen (Given)
    6106
    Amen (Received)
    7482
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Ignoring McCoy's conclusion...
    No, I'm ignoring his petty, unfounded opinion. Calling someone "historian" doesn't magically make them more correct than anyone else. The left has become dreadfully boring and predictable since Trump was elected. I would love to see them offer some balanced, insightful critques of his presidency, weighing the positives and negatives, and offering a springboard for interesting discussion. Instead all we get is a steady stream of lowbrow "Orange man bad!" chest thumping that is loath to admit anything in favor of Trump... and you, my friend, are certainly no exception.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  8. #108
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,282
    Amen (Given)
    499
    Amen (Received)
    1836
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    No, I'm ignoring his petty, unfounded opinion. Calling someone "historian" doesn't magically make them more correct than anyone else. The left has become dreadfully boring and predictable since Trump was elected. I would love to see them offer some balanced, insightful critques of his presidency, weighing the positives and negatives, and offering a springboard for interesting discussion. Instead all we get is a steady stream of lowbrow "Orange man bad!" chest thumping that is loath to admit anything in favor of Trump... <AH>.
    The point of ignoring his conclusion would be to separate the data he uses from his opinion about the data. He makes an all encompassing and likely unprovable assertion about intent. But the intent behind the facts is not important if the acts themselves have the consequence of undermining the US position in the world. Assuming the facts are correct, it could just be incompetence, or immaturity, or some other flaw that has produced that outcome. But if the facts are correct, then Trump has been very bad for the US's position in the world.

    So I thought it would be interesting to understand which of the elements of evidence he uses you agree/disagree with and why.

    So - you will not specify which of the supporting elements he uses to justify his opinion are incorrect or offer evidence to support the conclusion they are wrong?


    Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-06-2019 at 04:49 PM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  9. #109
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20,074
    Amen (Given)
    6106
    Amen (Received)
    7482
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    So - you will not specify which of the supporting elements he uses to justify his opinion are incorrect or offer evidence to support the conclusion they are wrong?


    Jim
    The problem is not his "supporting elements", it's how he interprets them. A real historian would have offered a balanced perspective, discussing possible good and bad consequences of the President's current policy, and not just frothing liberal hatred that deliberately averts any chance of meaningful dialog.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  10. #110
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,282
    Amen (Given)
    499
    Amen (Received)
    1836
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    The problem is not his "supporting elements", it's how he interprets them. A real historian would have offered a balanced perspective, discussing possible good and bad consequences of the President's current policy, and not just frothing liberal hatred that deliberately averts any chance of meaningful dialog.
    Fair enough.

    Do you believe that Trump has been good or bad for relations with our allies?


    Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •