Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CNN Ratings Collapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
    Answer my question instead of changing subject, please.
    I'll respond however I want.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      You're a bit behind. Obama left the White House nearly three years ago.
      As usual the disaster occured prior to the Obama Administration under the republican G.W. Bush, and unless we get rid of the autocratic republican currently occupying the White house we will have worse than an economic disaster, it'll be a disaster for democracy itself.

Comment

I'll respond however I want.
        Yep. But that leaves us all in doubt as to whether your criticism is based on a lack of understanding of why sources sometimes do not want to be named and thus are refered to as "sources".
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
          Yep. But that leaves us all in doubt as to whether your criticism is based on a lack of understanding of why sources sometimes do not want to be named and thus are refered to as "sources".
          Your line of inquiry strongly suggests that you missed my point.

Comment

Your line of inquiry strongly suggests that you missed my point.
            Or that you want to avoid one of more points you were trying to make because you realize it was a bit too foolish after all.
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              You left out the fact that this recent fall was precipitated by the release of the Mueller report - and that both CNN and MSNBC fell sharply immediately thereafter.

It's like people don't like being lied to or something...
              Obviously people do like being lied to, confirmation bias, and when you consider the actual Mueller report substantiates the Russian connection and incriminates Trump and his Administration regardless of what Fox News, or Trumps personal attorney, Atty Gen Barr, has to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Poor Chuck. Incapable of understanding that it was not Mueller's (or any Special Counsel or prosecutor) job to render a verdict but to decide on whether or not there is enough evidence to seek and indictment. He determined that there wasn't any in spite of whatever petulant, partisan cheap shot he decided to cloak it in.

Wrong, it was Muellers job to investigate and gather the evidence, not to render a verdict or to seek an indictment, that job is left to Congress (it's called impeachment) which they will do only after completing their own investigations which the President is also doing all that he can to obstruct. But the fact that Mueller was not able to exonerate Trump should give you a hint, which was obviously intentional.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                  ...and when you consider the actual Mueller report substantiates the Russian connection...
                  It actually doesn't. On the contrary, a judge recently slapped down Mueller and nearly held him and his team in contempt of court for claiming that he had "established" anything of the sort when, in fact, he hadn't.

There's a thread about it here:

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...Mueller-report

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    Wrong, it was Muellers job to investigate and gather the evidence, not to render a verdict or to seek an indictment, that job is left to Congress (it's called impeachment) which they will do only after completing their own investigations which the President is also doing all that he can to obstruct. But the fact that Mueller was not able to exonerate Trump should give you a hint, which was obviously intentional.
                    Psst, Jim, that's what he said.

Originally posted by rogue
                    Poor Chuck. Incapable of understanding that it was not Mueller's (or any Special Counsel or prosecutor) job to render a verdict but to decide on whether or not there is enough evidence to seek and indictment.
                    *emphasis mine
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Obviously people do like being lied to, confirmation bias, and when you consider the actual Mueller report substantiates the Russian connection and incriminates Trump and his Administration regardless of what Fox News, or Trumps personal attorney, Atty Gen Barr, has to say.
                      No, it doesn't. This is mostly liberal denial propagated by a media that can't face up to its own errors.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

You would know.

It's an old local news trick to find three or four people willing to comment about an issue and then run the headline "Local citizens are outraged about such-and-so!"
                        You are in denial. Do you suppose the London baby balloon exists because most people in the world think Teump is NOT inept or NOT insecure?

There are many cables just like the ones the UK ambassador sent.

Jim
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                          Answer my question instead of changing subject, please. Do you understand why they would not want to be named?
                          He does, but is unlikely to admit it.

Jim
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Wrong, it was Muellers job to investigate and gather the evidence, not to render a verdict or to seek an indictment, that job is left to Congress (it's called impeachment) ....
                            Have you noticed the calls for impeachment have largely vanished?
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                              You are in denial. Do you suppose the London baby balloon exists because most people in the world think Teump is NOT inept or NOT insecure?
                              That's like saying, "Do you think political cartoons about Obama wouldn't exist if he wasn't universally despised?"

Come on, man, you're smarter than this.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

There are many cables just like the ones the UK ambassador sent.

Jim
                                I'd add that the current US administration is hardly going to be the only world government with ambassadors reporting back to their home countries with frank feedback. It isn't a necessarily anti-Trump thing, though it happened to be in this leak. I imagine Woody is being frank when he reports back to the US on current goings on in the UK for example.

Comment