Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CNN Ratings Collapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    "How could my baseball team have lost when we got 20 hits, and the other team only scored 5 runs!"

But you can always count on Jimmy to keep on whining "but the POPULAR vote".....
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      With a minority popular vote and the help of a foriegn adversary. Not to mention the continued republican tactic of repressing the democrat vote. It appears the republican party no longer cares for democracy and will do whatever it takes to upend it. All I can say is be careful what you wish for.
      The popular vote only matters in state. Clinton ignored Wisconsin all by herself, knowing full well how the College works.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        The Interstate Compact is 72% of the way there...

It would be nice to be able to cast a meaningful vote for president for once.
        Will you think so when all you electors go to a candidate your state voted against?
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          The popular vote only matters in state. Clinton ignored Wisconsin all by herself, knowing full well how the College works.
          She shoulda listed to Bill Big Dog Clinton! He tried to tell her!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Jim, that's TOTALLY beside the point - everybody who runs a presidential campaign knows they need to gear their campaign for electoral college votes -- until that changes, it's just birdbrained stupid to keep citing "popular vote".
            If it is a stupid system, which it is, then I don't give a hoot what everybody running knows. A differential of few thousand votes in 3 states shouldn't trump a popular vote win of 3 million. Neither should small states like N. Dakota for instance get the same 2 Senators as large states get like California or Texas.

Comment

If it is a stupid system, which it is, then I don't give a hoot what everybody running knows....

Because you're an idiot. When you play a game, you acquaint yourself with the rules. Only a DUMMY would declare "I don't give a hoot" about the rules.

Comment

And it paid off.

Hillary is not POTUS
                SCOTUS is not Hillary's

And the result is a lot of dummies crying about "but the POPULAR VOTE....."
                That's not the risk you took electing Trump. Perhaps you'll figure it out some day.

Comment

That's not the risk you took electing Trump. Perhaps you'll figure it out some day.
                  Yeah, well, you work on trying to understand the Electoral College in the meantime.

Comment

Not only that but Mueller was recently slapped down by a judge for claiming that the Kremlin was behind the anemic social media campaign when he had failed to establish any connection whatsoever, and he's prohibited from saying it in future, which seems to have monkeyed up the Democrat plans for Mueller's testimony.
                    Jeez, two and a half years and you're still in denial concerning the Russian interference. You are definitely Trumps kind of guy, MM.

Comment

Because you're an idiot. When you play a game, you acquaint yourself with the rules. Only a DUMMY would declare "I don't give a hoot" about the rules.
                      Can you try to not be such a jackass all the time, CP. For one thing Presidential elections are not a game, and for another, I didn't suggest I don't care about rules, what I said was that in my opinion the rules in this case are idiotic and should be changed.

Comment

Can you try to not be such a jackass all the time, CP.

Did widdle jimmy dit hid widdle feewins huwt?

For one thing Presidential elections are not a game,
                        I almost changed that because I thought you might be so stupid as to not recognize that as.... You never fail to prove how ignorant you really are.

Comment

...I didn't suggest I don't care about rules, what I said was that in my opinion the rules in this case are idiotic and should be changed.
                          Smoking that wacky weed causes memory loss, Jimster. Here's exactly what you said...

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          If it is a stupid system, which it is, then I don't give a hoot what everybody running knows.
                          It doesn't matter if "it's a stupid system" or not -- it's what IS. And you're an idiot if you "don't give a hoot" about "what everybody running knows", because that's they only way they can WIN!!!!

If somebody loses a baseball game* because they focused on getting more hits instead of more runs scored, the rest of the world would think they were nuts if they complained, "But WE GOT MORE HITS!!!!"

Even my dog Jake understands that.

*(this is one of those "analogy" thingies, Jimmy - running for POTUS is not baseball, and anybody with an IQ above squid poop will get that)

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                            Jeez, two and a half years and you're still in denial concerning the Russian interference. You are definitely Trumps kind of guy, MM.
                            Keep up with the news, Jimmy.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...Mueller-report

Mueller is banned by judicial order from claiming that he established that the Russian government was involved in a social media campaign.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Keep up with the news, Jimmy.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...Mueller-report

Mueller is banned by judicial order from claiming that he established that the Russian government was involved in a social media campaign.
                              He doesnt have to say it. 8 of our intelligence communities said it long before his report was created.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-comments.html

And they have also warned of even more intense efforts at the same in 2020.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pol...erence-1126077

Jim
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-13-2019, 11:59 PM.
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

The interference was actually minimal although the results, thanks to the Democrats, was far more than Putin and his gang could have ever hoped for.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment