Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CNN Ratings Collapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    THAT would be an example of inappropriate "staging" of the news.

Meanwhile - this is a prime example of an exchange in which it is unlikely that views (on either side) are going to be changed. I believe I have the facts on my side and that the right is blowing a non-issue all out of proportion to support their "fake news" narrative. You believe I am ignoring an obvious example of "fake news" and "handwaving it away." History suggests no amount of discussion will change this dynamic, so I'll leave the last word to y'all.
    Considering how many times you say that, why do you bother having a discussion with us in the first place? Unless you win the debate, you just run away while accusing us of being unreasonable and can "have the last word"

My suggestion, especially in regards to me, is to please ignore our (my) posts and don't bother getting into a debate with us (me) at all. It will save both of us a lot of wasted effort.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Considering how many times you say that, why do you bother having a discussion with us in the first place? Unless you win the debate, you just run away while accusing us of being unreasonable and can "have the last word"

My suggestion, especially in regards to me, is to please ignore our (my) posts and don't bother getting into a debate with us (me) at all. It will save both of us a lot of wasted effort.
      His "last word" routine always leaves the impression that he he is unable to defend his arguments, or he doesn't consider them worth defending.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        His "last word" routine always leaves the impression that he he is unable to defend his arguments, or he doesn't consider them worth defending.
        I thought I would just save him a step and have the last word first.

Comment

• Putin not only won the election, he won the investigation too.
          RUSSIA 2 - 0 USA

So far, at least.

Mueller dramatisations are available.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            Putin not only won the election, he won the investigation too.
            RUSSIA 2 - 0 USA

So far, at least.

Mueller dramatisations are available.
            The only dramatization here is yours, your majesty.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Poor Rachel slips further...

MSNBC's Rachel Maddow Slips To 5th Place In July Ratings

sad maddow.jpg

It's been more than a year since MSNBC's star host Rachel Maddow beat Fox News Channel's top-rated host Sean Hannity to take the title most-watched host in all of cable news. At the time, March 2018, The Rachel Maddow Show finished in first place with an average total audience of 3.058 million viewers—the show's best-ever performance in the 9 p.m. ET hour. MSNBC's ratings had been climbing, up 30% in the first quarter of 2018, while ratings for FNC and CNN were down.

Over the next six months, Fox News pushed Maddow out of first place, but there seemed to be a refreshed competition between the two prime-time hosts, perhaps suggesting a day when MSNBC might topple the epic run of Fox News as the most powerful ratings force in cable news.

But ratings data released Tuesday by Nielsen show MSNBC's surge has slowed, with Maddow slipping into fifth place overall with a total audience of 2.487 million viewers, behind Hannity (3.332 million), Tucker Carlson Tonight (3.145 million), The Ingraham Angle (2.591 million) and The Five (2.503 million). The five top cable news shows finished in the same order among viewers 25-54, the demographic group most valued by advertisers, with Hannity drawing a total audience of 527,000 viewers, and Maddow well behind with 384,000.

It's the first time since October 2018 that Maddow has finished outside the top three cable news shows among total viewers, while Hannity has now finished first among total viewers and in the demo for four months straight, and Fox News posted its 37 straight monthly first-place finish.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment