Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Happy 4th of July

  1. #21
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,103
    Amen (Given)
    349
    Amen (Received)
    1663
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    Yeah - and what a difference. Obama poked fun at himself for the flub. Trump blames the rain and the teleprompter...


    I will SO dance when Trump is in our rear view mirror...
    me too ... but I may not dance too long depending on who or what replaces him ...
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  2. #22
    God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,810
    Amen (Given)
    8058
    Amen (Received)
    8389
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    Yeah - and what a difference. Obama poked fun at himself for the flub. Trump blames the rain and the teleprompter...
    So what? A flub is a flub.

    I will SO dance when Trump is in our rear view mirror...
    And I am STILL dancing that "Madame President" isn't in office...


    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

  3. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  4. #23
    tWebber carpedm9587's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,710
    Amen (Given)
    26
    Amen (Received)
    1108
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    me too ... but I may not dance too long depending on who or what replaces him ...
    I'm frankly amazed to see how Harris is surging. She's now overtaken Sanders for 2nd place, dropping Warren to fourth. I considered her a long-shot.

    I haven't dug too much into their positions yet. Guess I'll have to get cracking.

    ETA: BTW - "what?"
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

    I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

  5. #24
    tWebber carpedm9587's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,710
    Amen (Given)
    26
    Amen (Received)
    1108
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    So what? A flub is a flub.
    A flub is a flub is a flub. The difference is a man who can say, "wow - I flubbed" versus a man that has to blame anyone/anything else. Speaks to the caliber of the person.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    And I am STILL dancing that "Madame President" isn't in office...
    Twas a sad day that day, indeed. Hopefully it will not be repeated. If it is...hello Australia!
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

    I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

  6. #25
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    20,969
    Amen (Given)
    15914
    Amen (Received)
    9695
    Why in the heck does EVERY SINGLE THREAD have to become an "I hate Trump!" thread?

    Can you not just celebrate your country's independence without the animus for a change?

    Good grief, there's something wrong with you people.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  7. Amen Chaotic Void, One Bad Pig, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  8. #26
    tWebber carpedm9587's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,710
    Amen (Given)
    26
    Amen (Received)
    1108
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Why in the heck does EVERY SINGLE THREAD have to become an "I hate Trump!" thread?

    Can you not just celebrate your country's independence without the animus for a change?

    Good grief, there's something wrong with you people.
    I actually did celebrate. Fireworks and all - with family and friends. It was easier by avoiding "The Trump Show." But I must say I did enjoy the Baby Trump balloon!

    Here - this was our 4th of July!

    Burlington Vermont holds fireworks the evening of the 3rd so as to not compete with the celebrations of the surrounding towns on the fourth. It's a very generous philosophy that puts others first. Always makes me proud to a attend.
    Last edited by carpedm9587; 07-05-2019 at 01:35 PM.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

    I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

  9. Amen Sparko amen'd this post.
  10. #27
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    20,969
    Amen (Given)
    15914
    Amen (Received)
    9695
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    I actually did celebrate. Fireworks and all - with family and friends. It was easier by avoiding "The Trump Show." But I must say I did enjoy the Baby Trump balloon!

    Here - this was our 4th of July!

    Burlington Vermont holds fireworks the evening of the 3rd so as to not compete with the celebrations of the surrounding towns on the fourth. It's a very generous philosophy that puts others first. Always makes me proud to a attend.
    I have no doubt you celebrated, I don't care how. My point is that in this thread that is meant to be a celebratory thread, you and ox HAVE to let your hatred of Trump overshadow the celebration. Even for this one day a year you can't come together with your fellow Americans, because that's what they are, no matter what you think of them, to give the politics a rest.

    Not even for one day!


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  11. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  12. #28
    tWebber Leonhard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Denmark - Jutland
    Faith
    Catholic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,595
    Amen (Given)
    981
    Amen (Received)
    2979

  13. #29
    tWebber Leonhard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Denmark - Jutland
    Faith
    Catholic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,595
    Amen (Given)
    981
    Amen (Received)
    2979
    Hope you all had a good one. I mostly just worked. Finishing up a lot of tasks. Will take some summer vacation later this month.

  14. Amen seer amen'd this post.
  15. #30
    tWebber carpedm9587's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,710
    Amen (Given)
    26
    Amen (Received)
    1108
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    I have no doubt you celebrated, I don't care how. My point is that in this thread that is meant to be a celebratory thread, you and ox HAVE to let your hatred of Trump overshadow the celebration. Even for this one day a year you can't come together with your fellow Americans, because that's what they are, no matter what you think of them, to give the politics a rest.

    Not even for one day!
    Because I don't believe $92M in tax payer dollars should be spent on an ego-driven campaign rally.

    66154843_10218922411554127_5388566454616457216_o.jpg

    Happy birthday, America

    You cannot go away fast enough, Trump!
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

    I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •