Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

California Earthquake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Earthquake

A 6.4 earthquake with the epicenter some 150 miles northeast of Los Angeles out in the Mojave Desert -- which, if memory serves me correctly, is where DesertBerean lives. Experts are predicting that significant aftershocks will follow.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Fox News

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

There have been a series of quakes greater than 3 ... the max was 6.4 ... at Searles Valley.

Those were far enough that they could be hardly noticeable for DesertBerean

I felt a different one at 10:30 ... it was not a big one (1.5) but must have just been of the right form that I would feel it.

I heard a closed door that was rattling ... and then I felt some soft swaying of my place

Comment

It wasn't that powerful where I am (downtown LA), but it lasted for a good bit. So far no aftershocks and no extensive damage.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            A 6.4 earthquake with the epicenter some 150 miles northeast of Los Angeles out in the Mojave Desert -- which, if memory serves me correctly, is where DesertBerean lives. Experts are predicting that significant aftershocks will follow.
            Epicenter is at Ridgecrest, 55 miles northeast of here. From what I see on our FB traffic here, lots of stuff swaying, nerves rattled , and some stuff off shelves in stores.

This is the longest shaker I've experienced in a long time. Wasn't the most drastic but quite long ... I say 10 seconds - some say it was 20 to 30 seconds. But wasn't very destructive pending further reports.

My family and loved ones are well.
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Glad to see mikewhitney and seanB are ok.

Comment

FB_IMG_1562269099950.jpg

Pic of Trona Road, (not mine) where actual epicenter is at Ridgecrest.

FB_IMG_1562269267852.jpg

Comment

Glad to hear y'all are alright. smiley whew.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Pictures are coming in on Facebook page that was set up for this event. Pretty strong devastation in Trona and Ridgecrest and one house fire possibly caused by broken gas line.

I don't know that area at all so that's all the info I can offer up.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Here's a report from KTLA :

https://ktla.com/2019/07/04/ridgecre...ource=facebook

The hospital at Ridgecrest was evac as precautuon apparently and the inspection is underway. Ridgecrest and Trona have major road damages. The local library have their books all on the floor and there's a call out for volunteers to help reshelve them. I can relate - after the 1992 Landers/Big Bear quakes our library and the technical archives at the Marine Base were a mess for weeks, maybe months. No fatalities yet and I pray it stays that way.

Comment

Just had another, bigger than the last. This one was maybe a 7.5.

Comment

I'm hearing 7.1. We'll have to see.

Comment

Fox News is saying reports are varying between 6.9 and 7.1 for the most recent quake.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment