Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

California Earthquake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a 6.2 quake just north of Vancouver Island yesterday, too.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      There was a 6.2 quake just north of Vancouver Island yesterday, too.
      Wow.
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
          Fox News is saying reports are varying between 6.9 and 7.1 for the most recent quake.
          CBS is going with the 7.1 figure and CNN is reporting that there is an aftershock nearly every minute.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Someone -- maybe on The Weather Channel? -- said they're now technically viewing the 6.4 as a FORE-shock for the 7.1.

A bit of Googling suggests that because the magnitude scale is logarithmic, a 7.1 is over 5x as strong as a 6.4. (There's a somewhat more complicated calculation for comparing the energy released by each.)
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
              Someone -- maybe on The Weather Channel? -- said they're now technically viewing the 6.4 as a FORE-shock for the 7.1.

A bit of Googling suggests that because the magnitude scale is logarithmic, a 7.1 is over 5x as strong as a 6.4. (There's a somewhat more complicated calculation for comparing the energy released by each.)
              Interesting. Even back when I was still in High School (oil lamps for lighting were just coming into vogue) it was known that after shocks could be stronger than the original earthquake.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Just had a 4.5 shaker centered here in Barstow. My most vulnerable loved ones are safe so far. My friends are still checking in on FB...

Comment

Mercy to you all...

Lee
                  "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Well.... I see I completely overlooked the July 6 quake at 8:19 pm. I rode that one out for 20 seconds at church with the littles in the nursery. We put the children under the little table while the room rocked and rolled. Kids weren't scared at the time but some did cry with their adults when we evacuated.

Interestingly enough this one also happened on a Friday Night.

Comment

We had a couple of return visits from the Ridgecrest area yesterday and today. Didn't feel the one yesterday; tonight definitely. We were in the middle of an online class and everybody kind just waited it out. A little jolt, then back and forth a bit then stopped.

2020 continues.

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment