Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Americans Strongly Dislike PC Culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    The problem is the same with "fairness" -- fair to WHOM? With so many snowflakes today who can be triggered by the slightest imagined offense, it's no longer the "good thing" that it used to be.
    I didn’t actually say “fairness”. I said that 'political correctness' is language “intended to avoid offense or disadvantage to specific groups in society”. In short, common courtesy. But, indeed, it can be taken to extremes.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• In somewhat related news, Turley shows America's Oldest Enemy is still at it.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        I didn’t actually say “fairness”. I said that 'political correctness' is language “intended to avoid offense or disadvantage to specific groups in society”. In short, common courtesy. But, indeed, it can be taken to extremes.
        Case in point:

Thomas Jefferson's hometown of Charlottesville, Va., will no longer mark his birthday: report

Thomas Jefferson’s birthday, April 13, will no longer be a holiday in the Founding Father’s hometown of Charlottesville, Va., the city council decided Monday.

City officials voted to scrap the holiday in honor of the slave-owning third president of the United States and instead adopted Liberation and Freedom Day, to be celebrated each March 3. The holiday commemorates the day U.S. Army forces arrived in Virginia in 1865, near the end of the Civil War, the Washington Times reported.

The vote to end the Jefferson holiday is just the latest of several setbacks for the Founding Father's legacy in recent months.

In March, some students at Hofstra University near New York City called for the removal of a Jefferson statue from the campus, claiming Jefferson represents racism and slavery.

In May, Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg said he backed the Indiana Democratic Party's decision to rename its traditional Jefferson-Jackson Dinner because both presidents were slave owners.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cha...ometown-report

I think all of the PC loving liberals should stop using the $20 bill because of Jackson's visage being on the front.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I think all of the PC loving liberals should stop using the $20 bill because of Jackson's visage being on the front.

roguetech has started a program where we will dispose of all these hateful slavery-supporting $20 bills for any and all SJWs who get triggered by them. We're even providing this service at no charge to the woke community

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            roguetech has started a program where we will dispose of all these hateful slavery-supporting $20 bills for any and all SJWs who get triggered by them. We're even providing this service at no charge to the woke community
            Good, because I am doing the same for the $100 bill because Ben Franklin also owned slaves.

Comment

Good, because I am doing the same for the $100 bill because Ben Franklin also owned slaves.
              We'll split whatever dollar and two dollar bills come in since they have the white supremacists George Washington and Thomas Jefferson on them

And even though Lincoln freed the slaves as soon as the snowflakes realize what he said about blacks we can divide those sent in as well.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                I didn’t actually say “fairness”. I said that 'political correctness' is language “intended to avoid offense or disadvantage to specific groups in society”.
                Perhaps in the beginning.

In short, common courtesy.
                I'm all for that.

But, indeed, it can be taken to extremes.
                Absolutely, and it is happening with regularity.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Perhaps in the beginning.

I'm all for that.

Absolutely, and it is happening with regularity.
                  So much so that the term itself has come to represent the extreme version of itself.

Comment

So much so that the term itself has come to represent the extreme version of itself.
                    EGGzackly!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Case in point:

Thomas Jefferson's hometown of Charlottesville, Va., will no longer mark his birthday: report

Thomas Jefferson’s birthday, April 13, will no longer be a holiday in the Founding Father’s hometown of Charlottesville, Va., the city council decided Monday.

City officials voted to scrap the holiday in honor of the slave-owning third president of the United States and instead adopted Liberation and Freedom Day, to be celebrated each March 3. The holiday commemorates the day U.S. Army forces arrived in Virginia in 1865, near the end of the Civil War, the Washington Times reported.

The vote to end the Jefferson holiday is just the latest of several setbacks for the Founding Father's legacy in recent months.

In March, some students at Hofstra University near New York City called for the removal of a Jefferson statue from the campus, claiming Jefferson represents racism and slavery.

In May, Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg said he backed the Indiana Democratic Party's decision to rename its traditional Jefferson-Jackson Dinner because both presidents were slave owners.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cha...ometown-report

It is very hypocritical to judge a man outside his culture and time. A Slave holder at or around the time of the civil war is not the same thing as a man in the culture of the late 1700s where the issue had not yet come to the forefront. We dont honor Jefforson for the moral flaws in his culture that he missed, but rather for the great eork that he did in his time and culture.

Jim
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        It is very hypocritical to judge a man outside his culture and time. A Slave holder at or around the time of the civil war is not the same thing as a man in the culture of the late 1700s where the issue had not yet come to the forefront. We dont honor Jefforson for the moral flaws in his culture that he missed, but rather for the great eork that he did in his time and culture.

Jim
                        Yep.

And what the heck is wrong with Jackson's shoulders on the $20 bill? it's like he has no neck, twisted shoulders and his head is too big for his body.

And does anyone else think he looks like Ted Danson?

Comment

Yep.

And what the heck is wrong with Jackson's shoulders on the $20 bill? it's like he has no neck, twisted shoulders and his head is too big for his body.
                          You are not seeing his shoulders, you are seeing a high collar - popular in that time.

07_andrew_jackson_2_gallery.jpg
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Yep.

Originally posted by seer View Post
                            You are not seeing his shoulders, you are seeing a high collar - popular in that time.
                            LOL Can't tell if Sparko was serious or not, but it's funny to think he thought it was a shoulder either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38244[/ATTACH]
                              Sure sure.

Comment

• I think condemning Andrew Jackson is easier than condemning Jefferson (well, not in a theological sense. All Christians should condemn Jefferson for cutting up the Bible and taking out all the supernatural parts) because the Trail of Tears was widely recognized as wrong even at that time, and Jackson ignored the Supreme Court telling him he could not send the Indians on their way (a lack of respect for the rule of law).
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment