Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Americans Strongly Dislike PC Culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    I'm afraid I would have returned something along the lines of, "Interesting. But that didn't answer my question."
    Yeah, I bet you would.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
      The "sort of speech" PC culture discourages is so nebulous and everchanging that you're never really sure which words are allowed to use, and which are forbidden. And then there's the professional victims and people being vicariously offended on the behalf of other that will use any excuse what so ever to find a way to take offense at your words, no matter how innocuous.
      For instance, if you tell a foreign born member of Congress, "Instead of talking trash about America all the time, why don't you leave and see if you can fix the country of your birth instead?" you are called a racist.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Yeah, I bet you would.
        ...at which point, if looks could kill, he'd be dead as a doornail.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          For instance, if you tell a foreign born member of Congress, "Instead of talking trash about America all the time, why don't you leave and see if you can fix the country of your birth instead?" you are called a racist.
          Sort of surprised this hasn't come up in another thread yet (though perhaps I missed it). Of the 4 Congresswomen he was referring to, all are US citizens and 3 were born and raised in the USA...

Obviously MM is OK with it, what about the rest of you?

Comment

• Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
            Sort of surprised this hasn't come up in another thread yet (though perhaps I missed it). Of the 4 Congresswomen he was referring to, all are US citizens and 3 were born and raised in the USA...

I've generally never been a fan of Trump's tweets.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              It was addressed to only one? I thought everyone thought it was referring to Cortez at first... which was confusing to me since she's from New York.

Comment

From a purely political strategy it's pretty idiotic. The Dems were eating themselves, all he had to do was shut up and watch, and then he comes along and forces them to reunite and direct all the negative attention back on to himself. But that's Trump

Comment

I thought it was stupid. I did not find it "racist."
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                    I thought it was stupid. I did not find it "racist."
                    I thought it was REALLY stupid and uncalled for - but not "racist".
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      I've generally never been a fan of Trump's tweets.
                      I've pretty much never been a fan of Trump's tweets. I've said numerous times somebody should hijack his account and tweet on his behalf.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        I've pretty much never been a fan of Trump's tweets. I've said numerous times somebody should hijack his account and tweet on his behalf.
                        Or what he says for that matter.

You favor that he's not Hillary Clinton, and you favor the appointment of conservative Supreme Court Justices.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                          Or what he says for that matter.

You favor that he's not Hillary Clinton, and you favor the appointment of conservative Supreme Court Justices.
                          Yeah, maybe that's it!

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                            From a purely political strategy it's pretty idiotic. The Dems were eating themselves, all he had to do was shut up and watch, and then he comes along and forces them to reunite and direct all the negative attention back on to himself. But that's Trump
                            Yep. that was my thought too.

Comment

• So this happened...

California city votes to ban gendered words as 'manhole' becomes 'maintenance hole'

A California city voted to ban some gender-specific words in its city code and replace them with gender-neutral options.

Berkeley's municipal code will no longer feature words like "manhole" and "manpower," and instead say, "maintenance hole" and "human effort" or "workforce." The measure passed unanimously Tuesday and replaces more than two dozen terms.

Gender-specific references to job titles, like "policeman" and "craftsmen," will also be changed in the code, to "police officer" and "craftspeople" or "artisans."

"Sorority" and "fraternity" would change to "collegiate Greek system residence." And the use of gendered pronouns, like "he" and "she," would be replaced with specific titles, like "the attorney" or "the candidate."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...le/1764901001/

"human effort" -- I wonder if they noticed the word "man" in "human" or did it slip their notice? Should be hupeople.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                So this happened...

California city votes to ban gendered words as 'manhole' becomes 'maintenance hole'

A California city voted to ban some gender-specific words in its city code and replace them with gender-neutral options.

Berkeley's municipal code will no longer feature words like "manhole" and "manpower," and instead say, "maintenance hole" and "human effort" or "workforce." The measure passed unanimously Tuesday and replaces more than two dozen terms.

Gender-specific references to job titles, like "policeman" and "craftsmen," will also be changed in the code, to "police officer" and "craftspeople" or "artisans."

"Sorority" and "fraternity" would change to "collegiate Greek system residence." And the use of gendered pronouns, like "he" and "she," would be replaced with specific titles, like "the attorney" or "the candidate."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...le/1764901001/

"human effort" -- I wonder if they noticed the word "man" in "human" or did it slip their notice? Should be hupeople.
                                So what will they do if people don't follow their insane dictates?
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment